Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Gotham Testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have successfully built XBMC Gotham utilizing Margo's "Faster-Zapping" PVR mod which allows you to load/change Live TV channels in approximately 3 seconds. I have been testing the builds using Xbian Beta2 along with KrustyReturns's WMC PVR addon and so far they have worked beautifully.

*** You must be running xbian beta2 before installing XBMC Gotham!

XBMC Gotham built from git on 11-10-2013

Windows Media Center PVR addon for Xbian Gotham

To install:

1. Download the tarball to your home folder on the Raspberry Pi.
2. Make sure your system is up to date: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
3. Check for any missing dependencies: sudo apt-get install libhal1 libhal-storage1
4. Extract archive: sudo tar -xzf xbmc-rbp-gotham-faster-zapping-20131110.tar.gz -C /
5. Reboot: sudo reboot

To revert back to the official xbian gotham nightly:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly

To revert back to the official xbian frodo:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc

To install the PVR Addon: Download the zip file to your home folder. Install using the "Install from Zip file" option in Addons.

*** UPDATE 11-12-2013

The PVR addon can now be installed and updated through my repository.

Download the Gotham Repository

Download the Frodo Repository

As always, please refer to the original thread for support: WMC as the backend - released.

Please post your feedback here!
Just for information a nightly (Well weekly at best) Gotham build is available for Xbian:

apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly.

However your build is probably more up to date.
(13th Nov, 2013 01:56 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Just for information a nightly (Well weekly at best) Gotham build is available for Xbian:

apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly.

However your build is probably more up to date.

The biggest thing that my build changes is the addition of the Margro faster-zapping modification which greatly speeds up PVR channel loading and channel changing. I've used on my Windows machines for months and it makes the channel changing time about 7-8 seconds faster.
So there were "additions" to the "normal" Gotham build? - If so what where they? We can't be on the bleeding edge if we congeal :-) It could be put into Xbian 1 - the next build I believe (Code named Kováč - that's a lie, I made that up)

Your Googledrive link is now 404.
Thank you, I fixed the link. I was doing some restructuring and I had moved the file.

(13th Nov, 2013 02:14 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]So there were "additions" to the "normal" Gotham build? - If so what where they? We can't be on the bleeding edge if we congeal :-) It could be put into Xbian 1 - the next build I believe (Code named Kováč - that's a lie, I made that up)

Your Googledrive link is now 404.

So far I've only merged the following three modifications from Margro into my git branch. Everything else so far has been synced up with mainline. You can take a look at the commits on github (linked below).

ffmpeg demuxer: fast channel change
ffmpeg demuxer: faster channel switching: import changes from @fetzerch
ffmpeg demuxer: faster channel switching: partial import of changes f…
@theimmportal

valuable patches…

if they merge with no issue to Frodo 12.2 I will include them into XBian's compile process (they are gotham by origin)?
(13th Nov, 2013 12:36 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@theimmportal

valuable patches…

if they merge with no issue to Frodo 12.2 I will include them into XBian's compile process (they are gotham by origin)?

For Frodo 12.2 I believe the only change needed is this one:

https://github.com/margro/xbmc/commit/e1d244a13b48348d1b5b1eb130306c3f2165afac

It contains most of the changes made to the Gotham code. Not sure if the rest of the code would apply or not. I will take a look when I get back to house and see what the differences are in the Frodo and Gotham versions.
Hi,
I followed the instructions above after installing Xbian. This is what I did.

1. Installed Xbian image to SD Card
2. Loaded XBian on Pi
3. Exited from XBMC
4. Used WinSCP to SSH/SFTP connect to Xbian in sudo mode
5. Transferred the tarball to the /home/xbian folder
6. Ran the command above from putty command line
7. Restarted the Xbian

Halfway through loading it crapped out and complained about it not being a recognised distro and threw me back to the command line

Can anyone help please? Total Linux noob here so that probably has to something to do with it. Could it be that I was using Xbian 1.1 and not 2? Couldn't find 2.

Many thanks,
Richard.
(14th Nov, 2013 07:29 AM)rlg6767 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

2. Loaded XBian on Pi
3. Exited from XBMC
7. Restarted the Xbian

Halfway through loading it crapped out and complained about it not being a recognised distro and threw me back to the command line

Can anyone help please? Total Linux noob here so that probably has to something to do with it. Could it be that I was using Xbian 1.1 and not 2? Couldn't find 2.

Many thanks,
Richard.

are you sure you have installed the right files? Be aware that there are two different versions, one is Gotham and another is Frodo. If you installed XBian from our site, than you are running Frodo more likely unless you have nightly Gotham build
(14th Nov, 2013 07:37 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14th Nov, 2013 07:29 AM)rlg6767 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

2. Loaded XBian on Pi
3. Exited from XBMC
7. Restarted the Xbian

Many thanks,
Richard.

are you sure you have installed the right files? Be aware that there are two different versions, one is Gotham and another is Frodo. If you installed XBian from our site, than you are running Frodo more likely unless you have nightly Gotham build

Yes it was, so that is probably a problem. Is there anyway to upgrade to Gotham from within XBMC/Xbian? When I tested RasbMC there was an option to use nightlies from with the RaspMC addon which I used to upgrade, not sure the same is possible from Xbian?

Thanks for your reply.
Xbian doesn't have the same quick switch ability found in Raspbmc yet. You should upgrade to the Gotham nightly from the command line using apt-get. That will install all the needed dependencies.
(14th Nov, 2013 07:49 AM)theimmortal Wrote: [ -> ]Xbian doesn't have the same quick switch ability found in Raspbmc yet. You should upgrade to the Gotham nightly from the command line using apt-get. That will install all the needed dependencies.

OK, so I tried the following:
sudo -i
apt-get update
apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly

But is says it is unable to locate the package. Any ideas? It manages to read the package list ok.

Thanks for your help! Very much appreciated. Really wanting to test XBMC with a DVBLink PVR addon that I know works on Gotham on a Windows laptop hence the effort.
(14th Nov, 2013 08:34 AM)rlg6767 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14th Nov, 2013 07:49 AM)theimmortal Wrote: [ -> ]Xbian doesn't have the same quick switch ability found in Raspbmc yet. You should upgrade to the Gotham nightly from the command line using apt-get. That will install all the needed dependencies.

sudo -i
apt-get update

But is says it is unable to locate the package. Any ideas? It manages to read the package list ok.

Thanks for your help! Very much appreciated. Really wanting to test XBMC with a DVBLink PVR addon that I know works on Gotham on a Windows laptop hence the effort.

Well that definitely should have worked. Hmm... What version of Xbian are you currently running? What is in your /etc/apt/sources.list file?
i believe gotham is only available on beta2,
and you can install it in xbmc (system->xbian->package),
beta2 is uite ready, you can get a try here :
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1312.html

Belese
(14th Nov, 2013 08:34 AM)rlg6767 Wrote: [ -> ]

sudo -i
apt-get update

Okay, belese is right, beta2 is the xbian version that is going to include the gotham nightly. So you have a couple choices. You can restore your original XBMC with this command:

sudo apt-get -s install --reinstall xbian-package-xbmc

You can backup your userdata folder and then upgrade to Xbian beta2. This is my recommendation because it is extremely stable and has a lot of new features which enhance the overall performance. Follow the link in belese's post above to the beta2 thread. Once on beta2 you can install the xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly, and then upgrade to my PVR enhanced version. I will be posting a new version tonight, and I plan to include a debian package to make installation easier.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's