Forum

Full Version: beta2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so dont know. Check dmesg log when you plug the key. You backup with rsync or inside xbmc
Just re-read your post. I chose backup to file.
Btw, latest updates broke wireless for me.

@mk01 had a custom update for me, and last update he created a new update for me to try out, though it doesnt seem to be fixing it. Hopefully we will have this worked out soon! Smile
Went back to the B2 posted here on page 32. Decided to only run the XBian-realted updates since I guessone of the new Raspbian 7.2-related packages was responsible for the XBMC-start-loop. Turned out it still happened after the first shutdown.

So the culprit is one of the following packages, released between the B2 version posted here and now:

xbian-package-cec xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-config-xbmc xbian-package-lirc xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge xbian-package-xbmc xbian-package-xbmc-scripts xbian-package-zram-swap xbian-update

If I get around to it, I'll install each manually and see where things start going wrong.
(22nd Oct, 2013 05:14 PM)Darkguy Wrote: [ -> ]Went back to the B2 posted here on page 32. Decided to only run the XBian-realted updates since I guessone of the new Raspbian 7.2-related packages was responsible for the XBMC-start-loop. Turned out it still happened after the first shutdown.

So the culprit is one of the following packages, released between the B2 version posted here and now:

xbian-package-cec xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-config-xbmc xbian-package-lirc xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge xbian-package-xbmc xbian-package-xbmc-scripts xbian-package-zram-swap xbian-update

If I get around to it, I'll install each manually and see where things start going wrong.

I am facing the same issue for more than a week. I have tried several things.
Start from beta 1.1 upgrade to latest
Start from beta 1.0 Beta 1 upgrade to beta 2 latest
Start from beta 2 image at page 32 to beta 2 latest

The result is the same: boot loop. (starting XBMC loop)

just my two cents. I think we have to wait for mk01.

KB
@Killerbee, can you try the suggestion by @Darkguy and install each package between page 32 beta 2 and latest manually to see when it fails.
(23rd Oct, 2013 04:56 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]@Killerbee, can you try the suggestion by @Darkguy and install each package between page 32 beta 2 and latest manually to see when it fails.

Ok I flashed the image from page 32 using this command (Ubuntu machine with updated btrfs tools)
Terminal
sudo dd bs=1M if=./xbian.beta2.resized.img of=/dev/sdb

Booted the image
Changed language settings
Reboot => OK
Changed root password and activated SSH root login
Reboot => OK
Goto terminal and login as root
Terminal
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
Say N to upgrade
than
Terminal
apt-get install apt
apt was the first pakage to update.
A snapshot was made and the installation stalled (apt didn't continue) I waited for more than 30 minutes.

Repeated this twice with the same result.

Do you have any suggestion?
KB
No, but at least you got some clear clue on where thing are going wrong for @mk01 to work on.
Just checking to make sure. Have there been any updates to beta 2 the last 2-3 days? Normally I can update 3-5 packages per day, but it has been awfully quite the last days.
no there's not new package,i suppose Mk01 have his life too :-)
but if you want really to test something new :-), i've done a lot of change in xbian-config-xbmc,
but package are not done yet.
but you can get it from git :

git clone https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-xbmc.git
cd xbian-package-config-xbmc
./gen.package.sh
sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb

Belese
I've only had problems with the latest updates, so I am back at the image on page 32, and switched off auto upgrades.

It seems to be stable with the known problems, plus a possible new problem, that it won't "shutdown" or "poweroff" as it just restarts!! I mean "Why would you want to shut me down". I'm sure this is a "feature" inserted by @Rico and @Dark Wizard who never shut their RPi's down.
(23rd Oct, 2013 08:38 PM)belese Wrote: [ -> ]no there's not new package,i suppose Mk01 have his life too :-)
but if you want really to test something new :-), i've done a lot of change in xbian-config-xbmc,
but package are not done yet.
but you can get it from git :

git clone https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-xbmc.git
cd xbian-package-config-xbmc
./gen.package.sh
sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb

Belese

I got this error
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ git clone https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-config-xbmc.git
Cloning into 'xbian-package-config-xbmc'...
remote: Counting objects: 1773, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (676/676), done.
remote: Total 1773 (delta 753), reused 1686 (delta 720)
Receiving objects: 100% (1773/1773), 605.22 KiB | 349 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (753/753), done.
xbian@xbian ~ $ cd xbian-package-config-xbmc
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $ ./gen.package.sh
./gen.package.sh: 19: ./gen.package.sh: fakeroot: not found
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $ ./gen.package.sh
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $ sudo dpkg -i xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb
[sudo] password for xbian:
dpkg: error processing xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbian-package-config-xbmc.deb
xbian@xbian ~/xbian-package-config-xbmc $
When will you guys start using the root user as default. Makes life a lot easier when you just follow steps given by XBian developers and don't have sensitive data on there.

Code:
Seems informative enough.
(24th Oct, 2013 04:19 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]When will you guys start using the root user as default. Makes life a lot easier when you just follow steps given by XBian developers and don't have sensitive data on there.

Code:
Seems informative enough.

@whomever this quote is from

sudo apt-get install fakeroot
@belese, the latest xbian-config xbmc crashes when opening.
Reference URL's