Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 RC 1 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Please use this thread for all issues relating to Xbian 1 RC 1.

You will know if you are on this release as it it clearly displayed on the splash screen.

For other releases:

Beta 2 Beta 2
Beta 1.1 Beta 1.1
Alpha 5 Alpha 5
Alpha 4 Alpha 4
Earlier releases - No longer supported.
Raspbian/Xbian RaspXbian
Xbian 1 Gotham testing Gotham
Booting from USB or NAS USB booting
Cubox-i Cubox-i
Thanks for the new thread, My RC1 has been smooth on v1 & v2 Pi's. My v1 Pi was fussing with the dpkg upgrade. But from command line, ssh in. Issue was clear in 5 minutes. Both have been smooth since release. XBian team, thank you for a great Pi solution !
How can I upgrade to RC 1? Are there instructions somewhere? Is it even released yet?
(11th Feb, 2014 08:33 AM)Gyuunduh Wrote: [ -> ]How can I upgrade to RC 1? Are there instructions somewhere? Is it even released yet?

If you're already on Beta 2 then just upgrade via xbian-config (ssh or XBMC)
(12th Feb, 2014 02:14 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]
(11th Feb, 2014 08:33 AM)Gyuunduh Wrote: [ -> ]How can I upgrade to RC 1? Are there instructions somewhere? Is it even released yet?

If you're already on Beta 2 then just upgrade via xbian-config (ssh or XBMC)

Yeah, I am. apt-get upgrade on SSH tells me that
Terminal
The following packages have been kept back:
btrfs-tools xbian-package-cec xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-initramfs-tools xbian-package-kernel
xbian-package-xbmc xbian-update
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.

So it is okay to upgrade them anyway through xbian-config or apt-get dist-upgrade?

Or is the upgrade performed through the packages menu selection in xbian-config? For some reason, after "Downloading a remote package database" and "Loading package database dialog" dialogs it just opens the main xbian-config menu again.
Always upgrade via xbian-config 5) Updates. It removes the problem with packages being kept back.
Changelog?

Thanks for Release. Smile
Mmm i have problems when using xbian copier, to copy an existing installation to a partition of a hd drive.

I copy from dev/mm0blk2 to dev/sda6, then I change cmdline.txt root= to root=dev/sda6 as I did in Xbian beta 2. It starts booting up, but it hangs up when starting network....

What can I do? It is a problem of cmdline.txt options?

telnet zswap.enabled=1 zswap.compressor=lz4 sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=/dev/sda6 rootflags=subvol=root/@,thread_pool=2,autodefrag,compress=lzo,commit=5 rootfstype=btrfs rootwait smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=cfq logo.nologo quiet noswap loglevel=0 mod_scsi.scan=sync partswap startevent=mountall splash nohdparm --startup-event mountall
Since upgrading Airplay stopped working. Sometimes can connect from my Mac, iPhone or iPad, music starts playing although a lot of time with stutter and lag. Other times I do not manage to connect at al. Bahaviour is completely random.
Before upgrading it was working perfectly.

Attached is the xbmc.log of the event of connecting my Mac to airplay.
http://pastebin.com/sQ4fTKmq

I have to admit that I am not completely sure if this problem is because of upgrading XBMC, at the same time I also switched to a new TV (from analog to HDMI) and also installed Sickbeard and Sabnzbdplus.

Software
XBian version: 1.0RC1
XBMC version:
Overclock settings:XBian ARM 840, Core 275, SDRAM400

Hardware
Power supply rating: No problems here
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): Model B 512MB
SD card size and make/type: 8GB only for booting, running from Lexar USB pen drive
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): LCD TV via Plasma, analog audio
Hi!

I have some troubles with the xbian-config. When trying to run from SSH or directly on the pi(in xbmc and with xbmc stopped) I get the following message:
Terminal
/usr/local/sbin/xbian-config: line 203: /run/lock/xbian-config.gui: No such file or directory

I have tried to reinstall the package by doing

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-update
reboot

Also tried

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-config-shell
reboot

My setup:
Software
XBian version: XBian 1.0 RC1
XBMC version: Frodo 12.2
Overclock settings: XBian

Hardware
Power supply rating: 5V 1A
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B 512mb
SD card size and make/type: Sandisk 4 gb
Network (wireless or LAN): cable
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): LG 42 inch TV

Edit:
Did a full reinstall of the system, updated everything, config was working and I did a reboot after changing fstab settings (static mount of media drive).
Then I'm back at the same problem as before, config will not work and gives the same message as above.

Thanks for help!
I think that we have a problem with the USB driver you can see more here http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2097.html.

Software:
XBian RC1
OC XBian

Hardware
RPi B
USB Seagate Expansion 3TB
@mansp I would reflash your SD card. Use ssh xbian-config to upgrade the system. Select only a few until autofs errors occur, then reboot and start upgrading again - all should be fine.
Guys, what's up with the big new update? Someone to give instruction how to do it properly? I'm not risking reflash ... again?

P.S.: Never mind! Reflash time! I F****D it up.
Sorry guys, but can someone make an imge with the new RC1?
(17th Feb, 2014 09:32 PM)Lucifer Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry guys, but can someone make an imge with the new RC1?

It has been requested.

How I upgraded from the image file on the Xbian website.

1) ssh - xbian-config -> Upgrade -> Option 1 and then Option 2.
2) Option 3 - Upgrade.
Ignore btrfs-tools and xbian-packages.
Select all the rest - should be wheezy ones. Last one probably tzdata.
3) When finished - select btrfs-tools.
4) When finished, reboot.
5) Select the remaining Xbian packages.

I've done this twice now, so you shouldn't have any issue Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's