Forum

Full Version: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Everything works. With the addition that I also had to install unrar-nonfree. This is an essential part of nzbget or sabnzbd to work in my opinion. Installation instructions are already mentioned in previous posts. But I understand the license issues.
2 Quick questions.

I can't seem to install unrar-nonfree. Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Package unrar-nonfree is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'unrar-nonfree' has no installation candidate

Also, the part in the first post about how to download everything to an external hard drive. Is that setting it up to download all the media from Sickbeard/couch potato to an external hdd? I know there are settings to change it around in those specific programs, however I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone bring a little clarity?

Thank you guys a ton!
Don't change settings, just follow the instruction to download everything from all of these packages to an external HDD.
(23rd Feb, 2013 08:10 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]However, we can't include unrar-nonfree due to license issues.

Reinstalled everything from scratch.
Unfortunatly my first tests with rar-free arenĀ“t very positive...

From what I understand from the error logs, the problem comes from nzbget-postprocess.sh that uses arguments for unrar that are not supported y the unrar-free version like "-y" (assume YES to all queries) or "-o+" (overwrite files when exists)

I've been reading the man page for rar-free to see if there were some equivalents and modified the config file but I keep getting errors.
Also found in the manpage this (could be part of the solution but I'm lost...):
Quote:NON-FREE UNRAR COMPATIBLE SYNOPSIS
unrar-free [elvx] [-ep] [-o+] [-o-] [-ppassword] [-u] [--]
ARCHIVE [FILE ...] [DESTINATION]

This syntax should only be used in front-end programs which are using
non-free unrar as a back-end. It is recommended to use this program by
GNU command line syntax.

I've clearly reach my knowledge limits on this... sorry I can't help more but as I've said before, linux is a completely new world for me ! SadSadSad
If someone can give more guidance, I'm , of course, available for testing them.
I also can't give you guys any more support on this then what i've already given in this topic and the previous version. These packages are the best i can release within the license restrictions. That's why we're activelly looking for package maintainers.
Curlymo, so if I plug in any external hard drive then it will automatically map to that hdd? (provided I follow those instructions)

Thanks for all you do!
Yes
hi guys, i recently switched to xbian and am very satisfied thusfar.
I installed sickbeard and transmission using the xbian packages, and they worked out of the box.
I also edited sickbeard to be able to use kickasstorrents as search provider, which also works after some adjustments and restarting sickbeard.
If anyone is interested in doing this i can provide the files.
I would be more interested in someone taking over the maintenance of these packages Smile
(25th Feb, 2013 06:24 AM)Faaz0 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys, i recently switched to xbian and am very satisfied thusfar.
I installed sickbeard and transmission using the xbian packages, and they worked out of the box.
I also edited sickbeard to be able to use kickasstorrents as search provider, which also works after some adjustments and restarting sickbeard.
If anyone is interested in doing this i can provide the files.

I for one would be stoked if you don't mind providing them Smile
@CurlyMo haha i understand, i might be interested in picking up the sickbeard package but i am quite busy with my work at the moment so i'll come back to that.

@okinomo i thought there would be some interest on this part Wink Sure no problem, i will post my modifications tonight
Hi

Referring to these commands:

mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/incomplete /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/torrents /media/usb/
ln -s /media/usb/downloads /home/xbian/downloads
ln -s /media/usb/incomplete /home/xbian/incomplete
ln -s /media/usb/torrents /home/xbian/torrents

Questions:

1 - If I have 2 or more external harddrive/usb sticks plugged in, how do I specify which one to use?

2 - If I plug in the external harddrives in a different order, will they still get mounted to the same place?

3 - What is each folder used for? Is the downloads folder used to store completed downloads from Nzbget and Transmission? Is the Incomplete folder for incomplete downloads from Nzbget and the torrents folder for incomplete torrent downloads? Is there a watched folder in which I can place manually downloaded *.nzb and *.torrent files so that Transmission/Nzbget will start downloading them?

Thanks for this download package. I think it will make our lives much easier. Smile
@Styler

1. i believe you can refer to various usb devices using /media/usb0 ... /media/usb9 when more than one is inserted
  2. xbian mounts in the order you plug them in your pi, so the first to be plugged in gets mounted to /media/usb0. Not sure if you can make this static somehow
    • downloads: holds completed downloads
    • incomplete: stores incomplete downloads for transmission or nzbget
    • torrents: holds download files (.torrent, .nzb) for your downloads
    Just put your .torrent / .nzb files in the torrents folder and transmission should pick up on them automatically
@Styler u can mount ur HDDs by UUID.
Ok here are the files i edited to enable kickasstorrents in sickbeard as search provider.

If you installed sickbeard using the xbian package the root folder will be located at:
  • /usr/local/share/sickbeard/

To enable sickbeard support for kickasstorrents you have to edit some files relative to this path, respectively:
  • sickbeard\webserve.py
  • sickbeard\__init__.py
  • sickbeard\databases\mainDB.py
  • sickbeard\providers\__init__.py

Besides, this file needs to be added:
  • sickbeard\providers\kickass.py

To see what needs to be edited compare the files on your system with the files attached to this post (sorry i had some trouble with pastebin so i attached them in a zip archive), or just simply replace your files with the attached files.

It runs like a charm on my rpi, but if there are any problems with the files you can report to me Smile

Have fun!

p.s. don't forget to restart sickbeard:
  • /etc/init.d/sickbeard stop
  • /etc/init.d/sickbeard start
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's