Forum

Full Version: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
When you are able to change these files like this, you are definitely the right person in maintaining these packages Big Grin
Hi,

I've been trying out sickbeard but the torrent search support is really awfull. I found a fork of sickbeard which has a lot of updates done towards torrent usage, so maybe it's a good idea to include this instead?

The fork is located at https://github.com/bricky/Sick-Beard

Regards
@kristof if you want to add kickasstorrents as search provider read back 2 posts Wink
But i agree the bricky fork looks very good regarding search providers and would be a usefull addition to the xbian sickbeard package to make it more accessible. However i don't see this happening anytime soon if no one is able to take this part of CurlyMo's hands since i assume he's busy with other stuff now the download package is working smoothly hehe.
I'm just going to install the fork by hand, so it's not really for myself I'm suggesting this, but I can imagine not everyone is interested in/capable of manually installing a sickbeard fork, especially if there are easy to install packages floating around Smile

If necessary I would like to take a shot at taking over the maintenance of the packages. Not making any promises on how well I'd do as this would be a first for me.
Yes, please do. I you want i can give you access to our forks Smile And of course, i'll be still reviewing things and give feedback before they get released.
@kristof maybe we can split the burden then, although it might be some days before i can contribute Wink
I shall ask the forum administrators to create a separate maintainers group here so we can discuss the package maintenance in a separate secure topic. So, just let me know when you guys are in.

Quote:However i don't see this happening anytime soon if no one is able to take this part of CurlyMo's hands since i assume he's busy with other stuff now the download package is working smoothly hehe.
Indeed. Just like the webserver, development and samba packages.
Well, count me in. I'll have a look at the github repo as soon as I've got access, but I wont be able to work on it until later this week.
What is your github username?
seperate topic would be useful hehe. github = Faaz0, i'll see what i can do
github = ktorfs
Please take in mind that these github repo's are already linked to live packages, so any changes in them will tell users that they can update. If you are going to experiment then do it in a separate branch.
(26th Feb, 2013 12:31 AM)Faaz0 Wrote: [ -> ]@Styler

1. i believe you can refer to various usb devices using /media/usb0 ... /media/usb9 when more than one is inserted
  2. xbian mounts in the order you plug them in your pi, so the first to be plugged in gets mounted to /media/usb0. Not sure if you can make this static somehow
    • downloads: holds completed downloads
    • incomplete: stores incomplete downloads for transmission or nzbget
    • torrents: holds download files (.torrent, .nzb) for your downloads
    Just put your .torrent / .nzb files in the torrents folder and transmission should pick up on them automatically

Thanks! Smile
(26th Feb, 2013 12:33 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]@Styler u can mount ur HDDs by UUID.

Cool. How do I do this?
(27th Feb, 2013 03:36 AM)Styler Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Feb, 2013 12:33 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]@Styler u can mount ur HDDs by UUID.

Cool. How do I do this?
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ cat /etc/fstab
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1
UUID=839aea66-ad3d-4c3a-9d10-7f8f4d91ec9f /media/hdd ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0
/var/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0
To find your UUID do this
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13