Forum

Full Version: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Thanks guys, I will check it and report back.
SOmetimes transmission stops seeding and if I want seed more I must stop this torrent and start again with webUI. Why?
Ratio limit disabled.
I finally managed to figure out how to edit those files and copy pasted your files you provided into my sickbeard directories. However, I can't seem to get sickbeard running again, it seems as if the server wont even start up anymore. Thoughts?

(26th Feb, 2013 04:30 AM)Faaz0 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok here are the files i edited to enable kickasstorrents in sickbeard as search provider.

If you installed sickbeard using the xbian package the root folder will be located at:
  • /usr/local/share/sickbeard/

To enable sickbeard support for kickasstorrents you have to edit some files relative to this path, respectively:
  • sickbeard\webserve.py
  • sickbeard\__init__.py
  • sickbeard\databases\mainDB.py
  • sickbeard\providers\__init__.py

Besides, this file needs to be added:
  • sickbeard\providers\kickass.py

To see what needs to be edited compare the files on your system with the files attached to this post (sorry i had some trouble with pastebin so i attached them in a zip archive), or just simply replace your files with the attached files.

It runs like a charm on my rpi, but if there are any problems with the files you can report to me Smile

Have fun!

p.s. don't forget to restart sickbeard:
  • /etc/init.d/sickbeard stop
  • /etc/init.d/sickbeard start
can you run the sickbeard python script:
  • /usr/local/share/sickbeard/SickBeard.py

and come back with what it tells you?

(2nd Mar, 2013 10:23 PM)okinomo Wrote: [ -> ]I finally managed to figure out how to edit those files and copy pasted your files you provided into my sickbeard directories. However, I can't seem to get sickbeard running again, it seems as if the server wont even start up anymore. Thoughts?
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get this Pause download package script running in the 2.0 version?
If so, how did you do it?
hi SolGarlic, i didn't see any updates for that package but i'm not sure.
I wrote a little script myself that pauses all transmission downloads when playing video content in xbmc that i can share, but if you're using sabnzbd you'll have to check if somebody did some work for that. Should be some scripts out there since it's not too complicated i guess.
(3rd Mar, 2013 01:46 AM)Faaz0 Wrote: [ -> ]hi SolGarlic, i didn't see any updates for that package but i'm not sure.
I wrote a little script myself that pauses all transmission downloads when playing video content in xbmc that i can share, but if you're using sabnzbd you'll have to check if somebody did some work for that. Should be some scripts out there since it's not too complicated i guess.

That would be great.
Perhaps with your working script I can mix it with this other one...
(3rd Mar, 2013 05:38 AM)SolGarlic Wrote: [ -> ]That would be great.
Perhaps with your working script I can mix it with this other one...

Sure no problem, here you go
In the mean time, Trinket posted a tutorial and latest scripts here.
Tried it but still didn't manage to get it to work...

Perhaps someone can incorporate it in the download package...

(3rd Mar, 2013 06:11 AM)Faaz0 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure no problem, here you go
Faaz, I'll get back to you on that. I tried a fresh install of xbian but can't download the transmission/sickbeard/couchpotato packages for some reason. I'll be back with an update.

Edit:: IT Works!!! Faaz, Thank you so much for your help. I ran that command and see where my errors were. I went through and corrected all of them and now she's working great. Thanks man!
Hi guys. I could use some help. I have installed everything. Working fine. But got some problems with the download speeds when using my external drive.
Downloading speeds to the sd card are about 1500 KB/s. That's fine. But when downloading to my external drive I only get 400 KB/s. I want to know what can cause this difference. It can not be the drive, cause connected to another raspberry pi, using a different setup, I can download with 2000 KB/s.
At first I thought it might have to be caused by linking the files. So I tried a different approach using:
Code:
mkdir -p /home/xbian/shares/
chmod -R 777 "shares"
sudo chown -R xbian:xbian "shares"
mount -t ext4 -o uid=xbian,gid=xbian /dev/sda1 /home/xbian/shares/
nano /etc/fstab
/dev/sda1       /home/pi/shares           ext4    defaults          0       2

But this did not make a difference. Any suggestions are welcome to get normal download speeds. Thanks!
I've got a problem. Transmission is set to autostart in xbian-config but after every reboot it doesn't start automatically. Any hints?
@wolferon did you use transmission or xbian-package-transmission?
Alas, I've almost completed my journey of getting this all setup. I'm stuck on this last part though. Transmission doesn't seem to be pulling in my sickbeard torrents. I checked the settings.json and it is set to the correct directory. Im at a loss. Any thoughts?
(4th Mar, 2013 12:34 AM)okinomo Wrote: [ -> ]Alas, I've almost completed my journey of getting this all setup. I'm stuck on this last part though. Transmission doesn't seem to be pulling in my sickbeard torrents. I checked the settings.json and it is set to the correct directory. Im at a loss. Any thoughts?

Set your sickbeard settings for 'torrent black hole' in config -> search settings to '/home/xbian/torrents', then transmission should pick up on them immediately.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's