Forum

Full Version: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Removed it and can connect fine through web and couchpotato without a login. Not sure why sickbeard doesn't wanna play..

Fixed it.. Something about an outdated notifier script from SickBeard here:
https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/blob/master/sickbeard/notifiers/xbmc.py

Fixed it.. Something about an outdated notifier script from SickBeard here:
https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/blob/master/sickbeard/notifiers/xbmc.py
I'm downloading with GetNZB. XBMC is disabled and my default download folder is on an extern EXT3 USB drive on a powered USB hub. Download speeds are great at ~2 MB/s. The only problem it crashes after a 24-48 hours for 3 times now. I tried downclocking the cpu and the corrupted SD command, other SD card. Nothing helped. When it crashes it doesn't reboot. I have to do it manually with the powercable. After that it works again, but for max 2 days. What can it be?
Just did a clean install of Xbian (Alpha 5) and installed the download package. Configured everything and used the following command:
sudo apt-get install unrar-free

Downloading goes fine, but as soon as it starts extracting my Raspberry crashes. Any idea what can cause this? Should I turn off XBMC first? Power supply problems? (2A supply)

Edit: Hmm, getting Failure message with extracting now: Post-processing script may have moved files elsewhere.
Any idea? I have unrar-free installed. Also, double checking.. Do I actually need to make a tv category myself in nzbget to let that work properly from sickbeard? Also do my sickbeard settings matter for this error?
unrar-FREE doesn't work on some RARs.
Search for unrar-NONFREE in the forums and install it.

I didn't get any more errors with a similar setup, so it should be your only problem...

(23rd Mar, 2013 07:21 AM)Adanteh Wrote: [ -> ]Just did a clean install of Xbian (Alpha 5) and installed the download package. Configured everything and used the following command:
sudo apt-get install unrar-free

Downloading goes fine, but as soon as it starts extracting my Raspberry crashes. Any idea what can cause this? Should I turn off XBMC first? Power supply problems? (2A supply)

Edit: Hmm, getting Failure message with extracting now: Post-processing script may have moved files elsewhere.
Any idea? I have unrar-free installed. Also, double checking.. Do I actually need to make a tv category myself in nzbget to let that work properly from sickbeard? Also do my sickbeard settings matter for this error?
No luck install unrar-nonfree with the way it's used in the second post of the thread. Any help there? The download package is really the only other thing I want to get on my xbian install, so it would be very nice if I could get it to work properly.

This is where it fails I reckon. Also had to do apt-get install dpkg-dev first.
Code:
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 7)
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
Build command 'cd unrar-nonfree-4.1.4 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
E: Child process failed
not an expert, but here it miss dependency debhelper.
try
sudo apt-get install debhelper
(18th Mar, 2013 10:14 PM)armani Wrote: [ -> ]I'm downloading with GetNZB. XBMC is disabled and my default download folder is on an extern EXT3 USB drive on a powered USB hub. Download speeds are great at ~2 MB/s. The only problem it crashes after a 24-48 hours for 3 times now. I tried downclocking the cpu and the corrupted SD command, other SD card. Nothing helped. When it crashes it doesn't reboot. I have to do it manually with the powercable. After that it works again, but for max 2 days. What can it be?

Try setting up your pi so it boots from the external HD instead. The sd card is still needed but only to start and tell the pi the HD is the main drive.

This has fixed my corruption issues. Just copying 3gb over the network crashed samba and a reboot didn't start back up.

Now I get 4.8 Meg on nzbget max / 2 Meg slowest. Copied to and from the pi about 30 GB just to try and kill it.

System is over clocked at 900 and running for three days solid no issues. Do prefer sabnzb by far but down load speed so much better than 400k on SD card.

Rich
(18th Mar, 2013 10:14 PM)armani Wrote: [ -> ]After that it works again, but for max 2 days. What can it be?

Try this one:
Terminal

nano /etc/sysctl.conf
vm.swappiness = 10
vm.min_free_kbytes = 16384

Do a complete reboot after setting it.
Guys,

First of all I want to thank everyone who's working on xbian. It's the best xbmc for raspberry.

Second of all I want to ask if there's a possibillity to run transmisson through VPN on xbian? If yes could you please let me know how to do this?

Thanks!
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/3617/how-to-install-unrar-nonfree

i followed the tutorial above and installed it but i am not sure what to write at post-processing in nzbget?
According to this thread, there should be already an example file, which you could use:
postprocess.example.sh
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13352
Hi, I ended up from google after having problems with sickbeard not starting (while the command /etc/init.d/sickbeard start returns an ok).
After reading the logs I found out it ran for 1 second and then got a fatal error due to a corrupted database. I noticed the solution that worked for me was not posted in this thread yet, it can be found over here: http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4648

I also use a ntfs formatted external hdd which had very poor performance (downloading max speed at ~300 kb/s). After removing the sync flag (instructions @ https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/blob/b13291dc6703ad9fce329a2c1e0462f230694a4f/etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf ) it went up to ~1600 kb/s. Both where measured without xbmc running.
When I stop transmission, I get the following message:

Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ /etc/init.d/transmission stop
Stopping bittorrent client transmission-daemon...
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/transmission-daemon.pid': Operation not permitted
   Stopping bittorrent client transmission-daemon succeeded

When I try to start transmission after editing settings.json using nano:
Code:
xbian@xbian ~ $ /etc/init.d/transmission start
Starting bittorrent client transmission-daemon...
   Starting bittorrent client transmission-daemon succeeded
xbian@xbian ~ $ start-stop-daemon: unable to open pidfile '/tmp/transmission-daemon.pid' for writing (Permission denied)
and I have to press enter to continue. What does this mean? I assume xbian user doesnt have enough rights to edit pidfile, root does, but service is started and stopped so there is no need to login as root to start/stop this service, correct?
@zilexa
U have to use sudo to start/stop daemons
Terminal
sudo service transmission stop
@kraleksandr, they both do the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's