Forum

Full Version: [Part 2] Download torrent & newsserver package(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(4th Apr, 2013 12:11 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]@kraleksandr, they both do the same.

No, I meant only that without sudo it would not work correctly. "service" is just example
Aha, didn't see that.
Does anyone have info on how I can access my transmission web gui when I am external to my home network? I have my external IP address and can connect to the Pi from an SSH client using this external IP address so I know it is correct. I have added the IP to the rpc-whitelist in the /usr/local/etc/transmission/settings.json file. rpc-whitelist-enabled is set to true also.

Any info would help.

Thanks
Ant

-- edit --

I think I have resolved this now. I had to reboot my router and the new external IP seems to be working as expected with the changes to rpc-whitelist.
Hey there, I've been having trouble with Transmission telling me that "Torrent metadata needed" and nothing starting to download. I've tried reinstalling Xbian and the package that is complied here, but I haven't made any headway.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Hi guys, I get a lot of failed downloads with NZBget on my raspberry. I first thougth this was a problem from my newsserver because NZBget logs showed that lots of articles were missing. But when I tried to download the same file from the same newsserver with SABnzbd from my PC I got it without problems (did not even need repairing). I have tried this for multiple files and all got the same result.
Anyone else got this problem or knows how I could solve this?

Edit:
Seems that it's a problem with the couchpotato to NZBGet transfer. When I manually add an nzb file to the watchfolder of NZBGet the download will complete. Also when I set up couchpotato to save the nzb files to the watchfolder instead of communicating directly with NZBGet there are no problems. So that will be the work around for now. Are there any downsides to this method?
How would one go about setting up their pi to boot from the HDD?

(24th Mar, 2013 06:39 PM)Richdotward Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Mar, 2013 10:14 PM)armani Wrote: [ -> ]I'm downloading with GetNZB. XBMC is disabled and my default download folder is on an extern EXT3 USB drive on a powered USB hub. Download speeds are great at ~2 MB/s. The only problem it crashes after a 24-48 hours for 3 times now. I tried downclocking the cpu and the corrupted SD command, other SD card. Nothing helped. When it crashes it doesn't reboot. I have to do it manually with the powercable. After that it works again, but for max 2 days. What can it be?

Try setting up your pi so it boots from the external HD instead. The sd card is still needed but only to start and tell the pi the HD is the main drive.

This has fixed my corruption issues. Just copying 3gb over the network crashed samba and a reboot didn't start back up.

Now I get 4.8 Meg on nzbget max / 2 Meg slowest. Copied to and from the pi about 30 GB just to try and kill it.

System is over clocked at 900 and running for three days solid no issues. Do prefer sabnzb by far but down load speed so much better than 400k on SD card.

Rich
(7th Apr, 2013 03:54 PM)okinomo Wrote: [ -> ]How would one go about setting up their pi to boot from the HDD?

(24th Mar, 2013 06:39 PM)Richdotward Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Mar, 2013 10:14 PM)armani Wrote: [ -> ]I'm downloading with GetNZB. XBMC is disabled and my default download folder is on an extern EXT3 USB drive on a powered USB hub. Download speeds are great at ~2 MB/s. The only problem it crashes after a 24-48 hours for 3 times now. I tried downclocking the cpu and the corrupted SD command, other SD card. Nothing helped. When it crashes it doesn't reboot. I have to do it manually with the powercable. After that it works again, but for max 2 days. What can it be?

Try setting up your pi so it boots from the external HD instead. The sd card is still needed but only to start and tell the pi the HD is the main drive.

This has fixed my corruption issues. Just copying 3gb over the network crashed samba and a reboot didn't start back up.

Now I get 4.8 Meg on nzbget max / 2 Meg slowest. Copied to and from the pi about 30 GB just to try and kill it.

System is over clocked at 900 and running for three days solid no issues. Do prefer sabnzb by far but down load speed so much better than 400k on SD card.

Rich

why do you ask here such question an do not search and post in appropriate thread?
http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=427
Simple question: How can I change the transmission password? I can't find it through its web gui.
Does anyone use the couchpotato auto download subtitles? It does not work for me, the only thing I can find in the logs is:
Code:
04-10 15:17:40 INFO Starting new HTTP connection (1): api.thesubdb.com
04-10 15:17:45 INFO Starting new HTTP connection (1): api.thesubdb.com
04-10 15:17:48 INFO Starting new HTTP connection (1): api.thesubdb.com

Now thesubdp.com is down but it should be configured to also check other locations for subs (like opensubtitles), but it doesn't seem to do that.

Someone knows a solution for this?
(13th Apr, 2013 03:13 AM)d4m4s74 Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed the download package, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Since the size of sd cards is limited I set it up so my (samba) NAS is mounted on boot, after that I set the maindir to /mnt/nas/ (where I mounted the share)

Though other applications including sickbeard and couchpotato don't have any problem with this setup, when I start NZBget it gives me the following messages:

INFO Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 Pausing all activities due to errors in configuration
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(3): Invalid value for option "NzbDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/torrents/"
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(4): Invalid value for option "QueueDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/incomplete/"
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(5): Invalid value for option "TempDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/incomplete/"
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(2): Invalid value for option "DestDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/downloads/"

Does anyone know what I did wrong?
Thanks.

Merged your thread into this main as there is no need to open new one.
-thx-
As a temporary fix I just replaced nzbget with sabnzbd
(13th Apr, 2013 03:18 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13th Apr, 2013 03:13 AM)d4m4s74 Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed the download package, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Since the size of sd cards is limited I set it up so my (samba) NAS is mounted on boot, after that I set the maindir to /mnt/nas/ (where I mounted the share)

Though other applications including sickbeard and couchpotato don't have any problem with this setup, when I start NZBget it gives me the following messages:

INFO Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 Pausing all activities due to errors in configuration
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(3): Invalid value for option "NzbDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/torrents/"
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(4): Invalid value for option "QueueDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/incomplete/"
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(5): Invalid value for option "TempDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/incomplete/"
ERROR Fri Apr 12 2013 19:12:21 nzbget.conf(2): Invalid value for option "DestDir": could not create directory "/mnt/nas/downloads/"

Does anyone know what I did wrong?
Thanks.

Merged your thread into this main as there is no need to open new one.
-thx-

I have used the method like described in the opening post. Just move the existing directories to your nas and create symbolic links. Now you don't have to reconfigure every package to point to the new directories.

For your case replace "/media/usb/" by "/mnt/nas/"
(20th Feb, 2013 11:24 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to download everything to an external hard-drive/usb stick:
Code:
mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/incomplete /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/torrents /media/usb/
ln -s /media/usb/downloads /home/xbian/downloads
ln -s /media/usb/incomplete /home/xbian/incomplete
ln -s /media/usb/torrents /home/xbian/torrents

You probably already have reconfigured every package and it looks like the directories do not exist yet. You can create them and you have to change permissions to 777.

Code:
mkdir /mnt/nas/torrents
chmod 777 /mnt/nas/torrents

Do this for all 3 directories.
It shows me the same error with the directories (and subdirectories) created as without them, it looks like it's unable to look in the share.

Anyway, I'll try the symlink idea and report back.

edit: Just tested it, symlinks don't work either.

Code:
INFO    Sat Apr 13 2013 14:04:17    Pausing all activities due to errors in configuration
ERROR    Sat Apr 13 2013 14:04:17    nzbget.conf(3): Invalid value for option "NzbDir": could not create directory "/home/xbian/torrents/"
ERROR    Sat Apr 13 2013 14:04:17    nzbget.conf(4): Invalid value for option "QueueDir": could not create directory "/home/xbian/incomplete/"
ERROR    Sat Apr 13 2013 14:04:17    nzbget.conf(5): Invalid value for option "TempDir": could not create directory "/home/xbian/incomplete/"
ERROR    Sat Apr 13 2013 14:04:17    nzbget.conf(2): Invalid value for option "DestDir": could not create directory "/home/xbian/downloads/"

I think the permissions are correct
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xbian xbian      18 Apr 13 14:03 downloads -> /mnt/nas/downloads
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xbian xbian      19 Apr 13 14:03 incomplete -> /mnt/nas/incomplete
-rw-r--r-- 1 xbian xbian   26539 Apr 13 14:04 nzbget.log
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xbian xbian      17 Apr 13 14:03 torrents -> /mnt/nas/torrents

I could just buy a bigger SD card and allow nzbget to download to the card itself. sickbeard and couch potato can handle the NAS Part.
Maybe it helps if you change permissions for the parent folder /mnt/nas. For me the owner is xbian:xbian and the permissions are set to 755. You could also try making an extra folder if you don't want to change the settings for /mnt/nas (because this might interfere with other things you do with this nas) with these permissions and put the download folders in here (so /mnt/nas/newfolder/downloads etc.).
Seems that nzbget tries to create these folders in /mnt/nas so the permissions/ownership should be set right for this folder too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's