Forum

Full Version: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Fred was updating the packages last. He did nice job, unfortunately he didn't document at least configure options or dimilar. to just ./configure new source and run make.

but I started already.should not be such big deal but lame Debian again very old libraries which needs to be patched and recompiled. as they are part of Debian, I have to download Deb sources, patch and create modded debian versions for distribution …

will post to staging later and ask for test before deployement.

apt-get install xbian-package-nzbget=12

(if you have staging allowed)
(9th Jan, 2014 08:37 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]should not be such big deal but lame Debian again very old libraries which needs to be patched and recompiled. as they are part of Debian, I have to download Deb sources, patch and create modded debian versions for distribution …

didn't thought it would be that complicated :0 i could only create the binaries and put them in the right directories..maybe make sure everything in the config files is correct. but patching libraries is a completely different story. i could never make that work. but glad we have those experts like you! Smile
will try the new version from the staging repo tomorrow if I have some spare time at home. do I need to uninstall the previous version or is it possible to overwrite it?
Fred really did it GOOD as config gets preserved during updates, it is separated from /usr and striped to user / xbian related options only.

the rest is then included from template conf file which gets updated as needed from sources.

(authors of nzbget are installing conf template, then they change some values to match compiled setup and move the big ugly file into /etc … 56kb big) - who will ever check that.

(there us new dependency to libpar2-0_0.2.1-2xbian1 - this I put directly to stable).

if you dont want to add staging to apt, you can download both .deb files and then just "dpkg -i deb1 deb2". should be that easy. but make copy of /etc/nzbget before just to stay safe.
I installed the new libpar2 from the main apitude repository...however when I try to install nzbget 12 it says the new libpar2 isn't installed. manual installation with the *.deb file didn't work as well Sad what am I doing wrong?
(XBian Beta 2 of course)

Terminal
xbian@xbian ~/work $ sudo dpkg -i libpar2-0_0.2.1-2xbian1_armhf.deb xbian-package*.deb
(Reading database ... 32046 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libpar2-0 0.2.1-2xbian1 (using libpar2-0_0.2.1-2xbian1_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libpar2-0 ...
Preparing to replace xbian-package-nzbget 12.0 (using xbian-package-nzbget_12.0_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xbian-package-nzbget ...
Setting up libpar2-0 (0.2.1-2xbian1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of xbian-package-nzbget:
xbian-package-nzbget depends on libpar2-0_0.2.1-2xbian1; however:
Package libpar2-0_0.2.1-2xbian1 is not installed.

dpkg: error processing xbian-package-nzbget (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbian-package-nzbget

-----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Nevertheless it seems that nzbget 12 is installed. I can access it using the Android App NZB 360. But on my laptop it says
Code:
Error: 404 Not Found
when I open xbian:9092 in Chrome. Maybe the webinterface is missing or something.
the dependency is clear typo. uploaded again. just wget the same as before and dpkg -i
web interface is for sure there as works for me. you can check for sure with
"ls -la /usr/local/share/nzbget/webui/" Smile

can you just quick check your /etc/nzbget/nzbget.conf for the very basics

MainDir=/home/xbian/
DestDir=${MainDir}/downloads
InterDir=
NzbDir=${MainDir}/torrents
QueueDir=${MainDir}/incomplete
TempDir=${MainDir}/incomplete
WebDir=/usr/local/share/nzbget/webui
ScriptDir=/etc/nzbget/ppscripts
LockFile=/run/nzbget.lock
LogFile=/var/log/nzbget.log
ConfigTemplate=/usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf
Solution to my problem described before:

Link
@freem@n

"something" is setting whole /usr/local/share/nzbget to 600 perm files and 700 folders. this is causing the issue.

in the .deb it is ok
and control scripts after install are not doing it. try to find out please.

please grab from staging and install again.

and what is the software for ? what is it doing ?
@mk01: I'll do when I get home in the afternoon. Can I add the staging repo but only update nzbget 12? If so what shell command is needed.. is it simply "apt-get install xbian-package-nzbget-12" in order to overwrite it to the latest version?

(10th Jan, 2014 10:05 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]and what is the software for ? what is it doing ?

you really don't know what this is all about? Big Grin
nzbget is a super-lightweight, fast and full-featured News Reader for Usenet Binary Newsgroups.
Although I don't use nzbget on the Raspberry Pi regularly anymore, I think it is pretty amazing for most people to have an all-in-one device in such a small form factor (and pretty cheap as well).
you can add staging and upgrade only nzbget. yes. but if you forgot and do apt-get upgrade - all from it will be.

do wget & dpkg -i. doesn't matter there az dependencies are already met.

the package should work - at the end of post-install I do nasty chown and chmod to revert back. happens each time during install. no idea .
I'd better not upgrade alle to staging because it wasn't stable the last time I tested it.
so I'll stick to wget+dpkg -i for now. does the link for wget even change at all or is it always the same no matter if the package was updated or not?
Couldn't we just setup a little shell script that does the job of fixing the ownerships and permission after installation?

edit: it's not even 10:00 and I have finished my day already. that means I can have a look at it immediately when I get home Smile have a great weekend, everyone!

edit2:
it works! Big Grin
during update of the nzbget-package i had concerns because I had the following output (notice the find error)

Terminal
2014-01-10 10:23:44 (1.01 MB/s) - `xbian-package-nzbget_12.0_armhf.deb' saved [638928/638928]

xbian@xbian ~/work $ sudo dpkg -i xbian*
[sudo] password for xbian:
(Reading database ... 32054 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace xbian-package-nzbget 12.0 (using xbian-package-nzbget_12.0_armhf.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xbian-package-nzbget ...
Setting up xbian-package-nzbget (12.0) ...
find: `./nzbget': No such file or directory
find: `./nzbget': No such file or directory
xbian@xbian ~/work $

but now the Webinterface is working perfectly. Thank you, mk01, good work! Smile
Would it be possible to merge the commits of https://github.com/mr-orange/Sick-Beard (ThePirateBay branch) into the xbian-sickbeard-tpb repository? For example the url of TPB is outdated, and other fixes are applied too.
Hi! I have an error trying to download a movie using couchpotato! When i connect to couchpotato in the web interface, i search a movie en when i click on add it says that "Movie didn't add properly. Check logs" and when i check it
@ABerlanga:

Just delete the database. This is a known error that will occur from time to time.

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato stop
sudo rm /etc/couchpotato/couchpotato.db
sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start
Hello,

What filesystem is recommended for the USB drive ? I read around that performances can vary a lot depending on how the drive is formated. I was thinking of Ext4 ?

Cheers,
Manu
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's