Forum

Full Version: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Is is possible to update the nzbget package after installing everything?

Currently nzbget is at version 12, imo there's some good improvements made since v11.
(12th Dec, 2013 08:36 PM)min Wrote: [ -> ]Is is possible to update the nzbget package after installing everything?

Currently nzbget is at version 12, imo there's some good improvements made since v11.

+1
I would really like this as well. there are a lot of great improvements in the new version
I was wondering if as an alternative you could install the packages individually, and then set up nzbget 12 from source to go alongside them
(11th Dec, 2013 11:18 AM)Jordan Ketterer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, ALright so i had a great instalation of sickbeard and transmission running on beta 1.1 and it all mysettings and my library set up.
I did a fresh install of beta 2 yesterday installed all the packages through xbian-config on ssh. It worked and so i coppied all the files from my previos install
/etc/sickbeard
/usr/local/share/sickbeard

Everything copied and i rebooted my pi, saddly it did not start automatically so i went with xbian-config in services, and started it. it worked like that, i rebooted and it didnt start and would no longer start from xbian-config

I proceded to remove sickbeard with xbian-config, then i reisntalled, problems presist, then i run
Terminal
sudo apt-get purge xbian-package-sickbeard-tpb
then reinstalled and problems persist
ANY help would be good
[/term]

Can you also try:
Terminal
sudo apt-get purge xbian-package-sickbeard

Then reinstall.

(12th Dec, 2013 02:39 AM)xraxor Wrote: [ -> ]Im having issue with sickbeard, I disabled Auto Start, and have enable it after a month, now when I reboot Pi sickbeard wont auto start with Auto Start on. I have to manually start it. how can I make it autostart again?

Can you try:

Terminal
sudo update-rc.d sickbeard defaults

@nzbget questions: nzbget latest stable release is at 11, so we will stick with that. If you want 12 you have to compile it yourself.
I have still some problems with the external HD. I followed the instructions on the first page, but it still downloads to the SD card.
So I formatted my HD (exFat), copied all existing movies to it and reinstalled xbian with the whole package and followed the instructions again.

This is what df -h prints:
Code:
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs          7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /
udev            256K  4.0K  252K   2% /dev
tmpfs            38M  204K   38M   1% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /
/dev/mmcblk0p1   34M   14M   21M  40% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /home
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /lib/modules
overflow        1.0M   20K 1004K   2% /tmp
/dev/sda1       1.4T  436G  962G  32% /media/rpihd
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.2G  6.9G   64K 100% /xbmc-backup

if I want to mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/rpihd/

cp: cannot create symbolic link `/media/rpihd/downloads/downloads': Function not implemented

Code:
/home/xbian/
–downloads
   |__3 folders with movies
–incomplete
   |__20 folders with parts
–torrents
   |__3 torrents
–run_on_reboot

Code:
/media/rpihd/
–many moviefolders...
–downloads
   |__3 folders with movies (the same as on /home/xbian/)
–incomplete
   |__20 folders with parts

(folder torrents not available)

What can I do that it works? Thank you so much for your awesome work!
Can you copy the exact commands you used to move the folders to usb and to create the symbolic links?

Edit: I think exFat does not support symbolic links. I would recommend formatting it as ext4 (if you won't use it for any windows related purposes), this will result in best performance.
Thanks for the reply Fred-the most recent nzbget 12 is a stable-channel release candidate so hopefully it won't be very long until the xbian packages are able to be updated. IIRC v12 has a built in updater too, should make things easier in the future.
Thank you Fred, I formatted the external drive with a linux computer as ext4 and now it works perfectly – although every movie I download appears twice in the xbmc database.
Try cleaning the library in XBMC and make sure you don't have both the real location as the symbolic link location added as source.
Currently I'm receiving errors in Couchpotato....

Nevermind, it was probably caused by a faulty newznab provider
I have a little "problem" with my download speed.

I use NZBget to download and all goes well except for the download speed, it hangs around 450--500 kb/sec
When I use SFTP to send files to my pi (xbian) I get 1,3--1,5MB/sec

When my pi was on raspbian as a dlna server, NZBget also reached a stable 1,3--1,5MB/sec

I know that the file system has it limitations but I know it can reach 1,3--1,5MB/sec so why doesn't it reach that speed in Xbian?
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Probably because XBian has more cpu demanding processes running. Can you check if CPU usage is around 100%?
(28th Dec, 2013 10:25 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because XBian has more cpu demanding processes running. Can you check if CPU usage is around 100%?

Thanks for your reply!

Idle xbian uses 18--20% cpu load.
When I load a nzb it climbs to 93--98%
(I checked using htop)

This is causing the slow download speed?

Network transfers work good (3x the speed of usenet downloads).
(28th Dec, 2013 09:42 PM)ApOE Wrote: [ -> ]I have a little "problem" with my download speed.

I use NZBget to download and all goes well except for the download speed, it hangs around 450--500 kb/sec
When I use SFTP to send files to my pi (xbian) I get 1,3--1,5MB/sec

When my pi was on raspbian as a dlna server, NZBget also reached a stable 1,3--1,5MB/sec

I know that the file system has it limitations but I know it can reach 1,3--1,5MB/sec so why doesn't it reach that speed in Xbian?
Any ideas?

Thanks!

I get speeds of about 4000k a second from the newsgroups writing directly to a external 2.5" hard drive.

Guessing your sdcard is to slow ? Or your newsgroup server is slow ?

Rich
Rich- there are threads about this if you search. Basically, don't use ssl, turn off sync function on external hdd, and/or overclock pi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's