Forum

Full Version: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
hi guys.
I would like to use the latest beta version of NZBGet because there are a lot of cool changes. Is it possible to just install it like I would in Raspbian for example (download source, build, install)? this would be no problem... or do I have to make some XBian-specific changes?
The same goes for SickBeard. I would like to use a german fork of SickBeard which runs great in Raspbian but I have no idea if I can just do the same installation process (git clone) in XBian.
Yeah you could just install it like on Raspbian. Just make sure you uninstall the xbian-package-nzbget first.
This can also be done for SickBeard, there are some guides out there.
Since the latest update to the sickbeard package I've noticed it overwrote the sickbeard.ini with a seemingly pure default (web site runs on port 8081, hosed my notification and download locations). I swapped my backed up ini back in and found that it got overwritten again.

I removed the whole package and started from scratch (as I was dealing with another issue too). This time around it all seems fine. Just thought I'd mention it.
I have a problem getting the NZBGet to work. Sick beard has snatched a file and it shows up in the NZBGet download list. However, it wont download, I only get errors saying "Cancelling hanging download" on and on. I have tried with different files and I get the same results.

I havn't changed any settings at all in NZBGet, is there anything I could have missed?

Any ideas on this?
Make sure your News server is up and has the file
(4th Sep, 2013 12:42 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your News server is up and has the file
My bad, misspelled servername! thanks!
Hi,
I downloaded yesterday the packages individually from the packages screen on the sshd interface.
i've noticed that couchpotato is using an old version. is it suppose to update itsef or limited to this version only?
thanks
I keep seeing error messages in sickbeard saying that my /home/xbian/downloads/tv directory doesn't exist. The weird part is that when I check via ssh, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I'm assuming that one of the options in one of the packages is causing it to be deleted periodically, but I have no idea which option in which package. It also appears that nzbget re-creates the folder when a download is added from sickbeard, so my downloads do actually occur. I would just like to keep the sickbeard error log clear so I don't have to check it every time I open sickbeard. I have sickbeard, couchpotato, transmission, and nzbget installed.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be deleting my tv directory?
(26th Sep, 2013 12:23 PM)adepssimius Wrote: [ -> ]I keep seeing error messages in sickbeard saying that my /home/xbian/downloads/tv directory doesn't exist. The weird part is that when I check via ssh, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I'm assuming that one of the options in one of the packages is causing it to be deleted periodically, but I have no idea which option in which package. It also appears that nzbget re-creates the folder when a download is added from sickbeard, so my downloads do actually occur. I would just like to keep the sickbeard error log clear so I don't have to check it every time I open sickbeard. I have sickbeard, couchpotato, transmission, and nzbget installed.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be deleting my tv directory?
I've got the same problem - but on my xbian i've got only transmission and sickbeard installed. Logs of sickbeard are clean. I've noticed that deleting of /downloads/ dir is propably connected with sickbeard's episode processing - whenever it downloads an episode, after copying the episode to series dir - downloads dir is gone.

So I'm also looking forward to solution of this issue.
For some reason Transmission cant download anything. I get this error everytime:

Code:
Error: Permission denied (/media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/

What can I do to fix it?
@HerrHoltz

transmission needs to have permission to write there that means
1) check user as owner of transmission process
"ps uxa | grep transmission" and look first column
2) then check what user owns ./downloads folder
"ls -la /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/" and look into third column

if it doesn't match (and for sure not, otherwise you wouldn't get error) there is more ways how to correct. but for this you have to share more info - not only 'I can't write'

send output of "mount", there we will see what filesystem type is the disk (according the ID maybe FAT or NTFS)?

mk
(16th Oct, 2013 05:21 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@HerrHoltz

transmission needs to have permission to write there that means
1) check user as owner of transmission process
"ps uxa | grep transmission" and look first column
2) then check what user owns ./downloads folder
"ls -la /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/" and look into third column

if it doesn't match (and for sure not, otherwise you wouldn't get error) there is more ways how to correct. but for this you have to share more info - not only 'I can't write'

send output of "mount", there we will see what filesystem type is the disk (according the ID maybe FAT or NTFS)?

mk

Hi @mk01

Thanks for your answer. I get these results.

Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ ps uxa | grep transmission
xbian 8803 0.0 0.2 3500 800 pts/0 S+ 19:24 0:00 grep --color=auto transmission

xbian@xbian ~ $ ls -la /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/
total 4
drwxrwxrwx 1 xbian xbian 0 Oct 14 11:11 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 xbian xbian 4096 Oct 15 15:26 ..

I think the hd is ntfs.
redo the ps aux with running transmission, now it is not running.

and also please output of "mount"
(16th Oct, 2013 05:57 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]redo the ps aux with running transmission, now it is not running.

and also please output of "mount"

Sometimes transmission just stop by itself.

Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ ps uxa | grep transmission
xbian 10151 0.5 0.6 25612 2464 ? SNl 19:58 0:00 /usr/local/bin/transmission-daemon -f -g /etc/transmission/
xbian 10161 0.0 0.2 3500 800 pts/0 S+ 19:59 0:00 grep --color=auto transmission

Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ mount
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=47789,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noatime)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on / type btrfs (rw,noatime,thread_pool=1,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,autodefrag)
none on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
none on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,relatime)
none on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)
none on /run/user type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=102400k,mode=755)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,​errors=remount-ro)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /home type btrfs (rw,noatime,thread_pool=1,compress=lzo,ssd,space_cache,autodefrag)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,sync,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,al​low_other)
system wise all looks ok as I final test you can do:

touch /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/test-file
mkdir /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/test-dir

if no errors then xbian has rights to write and knowledge won't help you. but someone using the package will, so give it a time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's