Forum

Full Version: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Hi,

I have the same(?) problem as Syd, but I am using Xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 (and not beta 1).

- Xbian has low CPU usage: 25% total, 3.5% for NZBget
- Downloading to USB 2.0 harddisk (self powered)
- Pay Newsserver (10Mbps / 5 threads)
- Clean Xbian install
- Xbian and the download packages up to date
- NZBget 11.0 log, shows no errors
- Transmission is stopped

Result: very slow downloadspeed of 40KB/s with NZBget 11.0

I am a complete linux noob, but with the help of Google, I dit some testing:

1. This command downloads a 500MB file:
Code:
wget --output-document=/dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test500.zip
Result:
Speeds up to 1.6M/s!

2. Test USB disk read speeds:
Code:
sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/sda1
Result:
Timing cached reads: 224 MB in 2.01 seconds = 111.31 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 66 MB in 3.06 seconds = 21.54 MB/sec

3. Test USB disk write speeds:
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1 bs=8k count=10k
Result:
83886080 bytes (84 MB) copied, 0.603867 s, 139 MB/s
(remark: do NOT do this, it erases the USB disk.. Sad )

Anyone any ideas??

Thanx!
Hey hey,

Thanx for the Tutorial.

I have three problems:
First:
CouchPotato doesn't work, the result of :9095 is a blank screen.
During the instal i get the follinge errors.
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

Is it possible to set LANGUAGE en LC_ALL?
I can do t by terminal:
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
But this is just for once

Second:
Sick Beard :9094 cant connect to server.
If i use sudo /etc/init.d/sickbeard restart it ill start, but it wont start automatic

derde:
same as @keverjeroen Wink

//edit
After installing everything in Xbian verry slow.
If NZBGet is downloading i cant use Xbian.
If i restart my Raspberry PI Transmission and NZBget starts automatic. SB, CP and HP will not start automatic
Anyone any ideas??
@hugoleij
What version of XBian are you running?
Can you also check the logs of CouchPotato and SickBeard?

If you are running the latest XBian, can you post the installation errors in the XBian beta thread please, it does not seem directly related to this download package.

@keverjeroen
To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe syd could help you with this.
@Fred

Xbian version Xbian beta 1.1
Where can i find de logs from Xbian?

How can i get the logs?
couchpotato:
xbian@xbian ~ $ /usr/local/etc/couchpotato/logs/CouchPotato.log
-bash: /usr/local/etc/couchpotato/logs/CouchPotato.log: No such file or directory ?
sickbeard:
?
It should be in /etc/couchpotato/logs/

For SickBeard: /etc/sickbeard/logs

How did you install the packages, using the guide or through XBian-config (XBMC or shell?)?
Also after installing did you wait long enough before rebooting so the packages got enough time to initialize?

The problem with the download speed, for testing purposes can you try downloading directly to the SD card instead of the USB disk to see if that solves it?
(5th Aug, 2013 07:48 PM)keverjeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have the same(?) problem as Syd, but I am using Xbian 1.0 beta 1.1 (and not beta 1).

- Xbian has low CPU usage: 25% total, 3.5% for NZBget
- Downloading to USB 2.0 harddisk (self powered)
- Pay Newsserver (10Mbps / 5 threads)
- Clean Xbian install
- Xbian and the download packages up to date
- NZBget 11.0 log, shows no errors
- Transmission is stopped

Result: very slow downloadspeed of 40KB/s with NZBget 11.0

I am a complete linux noob, but with the help of Google, I dit some testing:

1. This command downloads a 500MB file:
Code:
wget --output-document=/dev/null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test500.zip
Result:
Speeds up to 1.6M/s!

2. Test USB disk read speeds:
Code:
sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/sda1
Result:
Timing cached reads: 224 MB in 2.01 seconds = 111.31 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 66 MB in 3.06 seconds = 21.54 MB/sec

3. Test USB disk write speeds:
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1 bs=8k count=10k
Result:
83886080 bytes (84 MB) copied, 0.603867 s, 139 MB/s
(remark: do NOT do this, it erases the USB disk.. Sad )

Anyone any ideas??

Thanx!

An update to this. Direct downloading via NZBget on the SD card gives speeds up to 800 KB/s! Still not very fast, but a lot faster than 40KB/s. So write speed to USB disk is very slow..
10K is not enough data for an accurate test, you should test count=200M for accuracy.
Seems to be a I/O problem, but 800 kb/s is also very low. Could you fill in the template that is in this post: http://forum.xbian.org/announcement-8.html for your setup:
Is it possible to use your package without Xbain? i.e. on my wheezy file server Pi?

When I try to download the package it says words to the effect "package not found", no doubt because it is not a wheezy package!

Thanks
(7th Aug, 2013 10:27 AM)snowman58 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to use your package without Xbain? i.e. on my wheezy file server Pi?

When I try to download the package it says words to the effect "package not found", no doubt because it is not a wheezy package!

Thanks

I'm not sure how well it would work but you could add the Xbian apt repository to your server and try to install this package.

Why not use Xbian on your server? You don't have to run XBMC.
(7th Aug, 2013 03:55 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure how well it would work but you could add the Xbian apt repository to your server and try to install this package.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have not been able to find (Google) on the URL for the Xbian repository. Would you be able to point me to a source for the information?

Thanks!
(11th Aug, 2013 10:37 AM)snowman58 Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Aug, 2013 03:55 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure how well it would work but you could add the Xbian apt repository to your server and try to install this package.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have not been able to find (Google) on the URL for the Xbian repository. Would you be able to point me to a source for the information?

Thanks!

Try:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
You probably can't just add the repository to your sources.list, I believe it uses some kind of authentication.
Also these packages depend on xbian-update which depends on a lot of xbian-packages which replace a lot of standard packages. So it will probably break stuff, you better just install XBian and disable XBMC if you want to use these packages.
(11th Aug, 2013 08:59 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]You probably can't just add the repository to your sources.list, I believe it uses some kind of authentication.
Also these packages depend on xbian-update which depends on a lot of xbian-packages which replace a lot of standard packages. So it will probably break stuff, you better just install XBian and disable XBMC if you want to use these packages.

Thanks !
(6th Aug, 2013 07:40 AM)keverjeroen Wrote: [ -> ]An update to this. Direct downloading via NZBget on the SD card gives speeds up to 800 KB/s! Still not very fast, but a lot faster than 40KB/s. So write speed to USB disk is very slow..

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-132-post-11099.html#pid11099
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's