Forum

Full Version: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(16th Oct, 2013 06:11 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]system wise all looks ok as I final test you can do:

touch /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/test-file
mkdir /media/64C81F4CC81F1BBC/downloads/test-dir

if no errors then xbian has rights to write and knowledge won't help you. but someone using the package will, so give it a time.

I got no errors Sad

Is there really nothing I can do? Transmission always download 4.18 MB before the error.
(16th Oct, 2013 06:24 AM)HerrHoltz Wrote: [ -> ]
(16th Oct, 2013 06:11 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]system wise all looks ok as I final test you can do:

if no errors then xbian has rights to write and knowledge won't help you. but someone using the package will, so give it a time.

I got no errors Sad

Is there really nothing I can do? Transmission always download 4.18 MB before the error.

I can't tell the solution from mobile but you have to change user to root. I did it from ssh in terminal. But im not anywhere near my laptop with the right info. Sorry
(16th Oct, 2013 06:27 AM)enrique131 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16th Oct, 2013 06:24 AM)HerrHoltz Wrote: [ -> ]

I got no errors Sad

I can't tell the solution from mobile but you have to change user to root. I did it from ssh in terminal. But im not anywhere near my laptop with the right info. Sorry

If you find time, I would be grateful if you could explain it to me or post a link, because I have no idea how to change user to root (I know how to use ssh).
(16th Oct, 2013 04:03 PM)HerrHoltz Wrote: [ -> ]If you find time, I would be grateful if you could explain it to me or post a link, because I have no idea how to change user to root (I know how to use ssh).

edit file /etc/init.d/transmission and change USERNAME=xbian to USERNAME=root
(16th Oct, 2013 05:50 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16th Oct, 2013 04:03 PM)HerrHoltz Wrote: [ -> ]If you find time, I would be grateful if you could explain it to me or post a link, because I have no idea how to change user to root (I know how to use ssh).

edit file /etc/init.d/transmission and change USERNAME=xbian to USERNAME=root

That's exactly what I did and fix my issue. Thanks for posting it for me :-)
Thanks @mk01 and @enrique131 ! It worked Big Grin

I cant send you guys beers but StegoTortoise!

Hey I'm having a little trouble and I was wondering if anyone could help me out Confused basically instead of a usb hard drive I'm trying to connect it to my NAS (wd mycloud) and I went into nano /etc/fstab and added this to it

Terminal
//192.168.1.xx/myCloud /media/usb cif user=(id of NAS),pass=(password of NAS) 0 0

and when I try moving a file I get

Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/usb/
mv: cannot create symbolic link `/media/usb/': No such file or directory

Maybe I'm just doing this completely wrong Confused
I used chmod 777 on the media folders of my usb harddisk, that way Transmission had full access and I did not have to change user to root. Not sure which solution is the best..
Suggestion for the Transmission package: do not create the 3 folders
/home/xbian/downloads
/home/xbian/incomplete
/home/xbian/torrents

They are useless since no one will actually use these folders. Now they will have to create links to their storage. But everyone will also have to dive into settings.json to at least change username/password. So it would make more sense to also set the path to your storage in settings.json while you are changing username/password. Why create links to these folders? I always simply remove them.
Another suggestion for Transmission package. I can not think of a reason why not to include this. Its part of my how-to-follow-tvshows+movies-fully-automated guide. But I think anyone using Transmission will like this part, its just 1 .sh file, chmod +x and 2 settings that need to be modified in settings.json:

TRIGGER XBMC TO AUTO-UPDATE LIBRARY WHEN A NEW DOWNLOAD IS FINISHED.
XBMC will ONLY update the folder containing the finished download file, so no more need for full "Update Library", which can take some time on the Pi.
How? By running a simple script. Transmission can automatically run a script when a torrent is
finished downloading.

1. sudo nano /etc/transmission/xbmc-upd.sh
(The script needs to be in /etc/transmission/ otherwise Transmission cannot run the script)
Now copy this and save it with CTRL+O, exit texteditor with CTRL+X:
Code:
/usr/bin/wget --header='Content-Type:application/json' --post-data='{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "xbian", "params": {"directory":"'"$TR_TORRENT_DIR"'/"}}' "http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc"

2. give the file execution permission: sudo chmod +x /etc/transmission/xbmc-upd.sh

3. add it to the etc/transmission/settings.json file:
"script-torrent-done-enabled": true,
"script-torrent-done-filename": "/etc/transmission/xbmc-upd.sh",
Hey,
Have transmission 2.80 form Xbian package, problem is download speed not exceeding 1 MB/s usually go up to max mb then go back to 0. I read somewhere is transmission bug, port is open, settings.json set up, so how i can update transmission to 2.82 or downgrade it or whatever to fix this annoying issue? Sorry for than kind of question but im brand new to Xbian Big Grin
(11th Nov, 2013 01:37 AM)pit79 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
Have transmission 2.80 form Xbian package, problem is download speed not exceeding 1 MB/s usually go up to max mb then go back to 0. I read somewhere is transmission bug, port is open, settings.json set up, so how i can update transmission to 2.82 or downgrade it or whatever to fix this annoying issue? Sorry for than kind of question but im brand new to Xbian Big Grin

Remove the xbian package and install the regular transmission-daemon, it's older (2.52).

Terminal

sudo apt-get remove xbian-package-transmission
sudo apt-get install transmission-daemon
(11th Nov, 2013 02:31 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]

Remove the xbian package and install the regular transmission-daemon, it's older (2.52).

Terminal

sudo apt-get install transmission-deamon

E: Unable to locate package transmission-deamon
(11th Nov, 2013 11:40 AM)pit79 Wrote: [ -> ]

Terminal

It's transmission-daemon not deamon Wink
(11th Nov, 2013 12:47 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
(11th Nov, 2013 11:40 AM)pit79 Wrote: [ -> ]

Terminal

It's transmission-daemon not deamon Wink

LOL +1 Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's