Forum

Full Version: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Did you follow the instructions (on your first install) to move everything to the USB disk? So like this:
Terminal

mv /home/xbian/downloads /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/incomplete /media/usb/
mv /home/xbian/torrents /media/usb/
ln -s /media/usb/downloads /home/xbian/downloads
ln -s /media/usb/incomplete /home/xbian/incomplete
ln -s /media/usb/torrents /home/xbian/torrents

If yes then you can remove the old symbolic links by:
Terminal

rm /home/xbian/downlaods
rm /home/xbian/incomplete
rm /home/xbian/torrents

And then creating them again but now pointing to the correct new mounting point, so not to /media/usb but to /media/xxxxx .
Thanks Fred! Worked perfectly.
Quote:All the packages have a web interface, these can be accessed through your internet browser. Enter the following in the address bar (replace x.x.x.x by the IP address of your raspberry pi)

Code:
Transmission: http://x.x.x.x:9091/
NZBGet: http://x.x.x.x:9092/
Headphones: http://x.x.x.x:9093/
Sick Beard: http://x.x.x.x:9094/
CouchPotato: http://x.x.x.x:9095/

Browse to the settings section of the package and change it to your wants and needs. CouchPotato has actually a wizard that can be accessed on:
Code:
CouchPotato: http://x.x.x.x:9095/wizard

Now you are finished and you can start adding movies, tvshows and music. Enjoy!

Fred,
I followed your instruction and when I tried to connect to these webservers I got connection rejected

connection attempt to 192.168.1.27 was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

I rebooted and waited a while, but still samething. I tried with all. any suggestions?
192.168.1.27:9091
put this in your address bar
The port 9095 is set in the config file. The CP default is 5050 so you could try xxxx:5050.

But I think it wont work because CP is not autostarted anymore because the init script cant find the configfile.
Why did you remove it?

In the latest packages the folders are not in /usr/local/etc/ anymore but in /etc/
For the people interested: Transmission and NZBGet are now updated to the latest versions (2.80 and 11.0).

Upgrade/install them with the following commands:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-transmission
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-nzbget

If you upgrade NZBGet from a previous version the first time you start it, go to its web interface (x.x.x.x.:9092), navigate to settings and press the button 'save all changes' and then reload NZBget. This will upgrade some settings that were not in previous versions.
(13th Jul, 2013 08:26 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]For the people interested: Transmission and NZBGet are now updated to the latest versions (2.80 and 11.0).

Upgrade/install them with the following commands:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-transmission
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-nzbget

If you upgrade NZBGet from a previous version the first time you start it, go to its web interface (x.x.x.x.:9092), navigate to settings and press the button 'save all changes' and then reload NZBget. This will upgrade some settings that were not in previous versions.

Thanks a lot. Just updated transmission and nzbget on my older 1.0Alpha5 xbian.

I've got too much stuff installed to re-install xbian at the moment.

Both updated no-problems. It did reset all the settings but only a 5 minute job to fix.

Just downloading a n 4.6Gig file to test how it goes - currently downloading at 4.4meg a second.

Thanks

Rich
Thanks for your feedback. The old settings should not be reset, don't know what went wrong there. It worked when I tested it, but like you said it should not be to much work to reapply the settings.

Did you upgrade from 9.0 or 10.2 (nzbget)?
(13th Jul, 2013 10:27 PM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your feedback. The old settings should not be reset, don't know what went wrong there. It worked when I tested it, but like you said it should not be to much work to reapply the settings.

Did you upgrade from 9.0 or 10.2 (nzbget)?

Went from 9.0 to this. Just finished getting a large file and it decompressed rar fine. Didn't notice the normal checking par message though. Maybe different from 9.

Thanks a lot. Very happy.

Rich
(12th Jul, 2013 12:42 AM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]The port 9095 is set in the config file. The CP default is 5050 so you could try xxxx:5050.

But I think it wont work because CP is not autostarted anymore because the init script cant find the configfile.
Why did you remove it?

In the latest packages the folders are not in /usr/local/etc/ anymore but in /etc/

Thanks for your answer. Sorry I deleted the post immediatly because it worked again.
But I have another problem: Instead of downloading to my HD, it still downloads to my SDcard. I followed the instructions in this thread.

My setup looks like this right now:
/media/rPi_externalHD/
––movie folders
––downloads
––incomplete
––torrents

/home/xbian/
––downloads
├─downloads
├─torrents
––incomplete
├─[downloaded files]
––torrents

I'd like to download directly to the harddisk (the finished to /media/rPi_externalHD/[moviename]) if possible.
I changed the CP Manage settings to download to /media/rPi_externalHD/ and in Transmission /media/rPi_externalHD/downloads.
If you need a log, please tell me which one.

Thank you so much for your help, very appreciated.
You should follow the instructions from the opening post, under Optional configuration --> Use an external usb storage device
Then everything should work correctly and you don't have to change path settings in CP and Transmission.
anybody else finding they're getting really low speeds with nzbget?

I'm running a fresh install (and I've since tried a full reinstall) of xbian beta 1, I can't seem to break 50-70KB/s with nzbget.

I've tried changing cypher, turning encryption off, etc but it has made no difference.

Up until now I've been running a copy nzbget that I compiled with no such problems. I've also verified that it's not a connection problem.
Does the nzbget log say anything? Are you downloading to the sd card or an external isb disk? What nzbget version are you running?

Connect to ssh and fall back to commandline (by exitting xbian-config). Enter the command 'top' to check the cpu usage.
no errors or warnings in the nzbget log. I'm downloading to a ext4 formatted external drive. The symlinks are working fine.

cpu usage is 19-25% nzbget is using only 3-7% whilst downloading.

Quote:xbian@xbian ~ $ dpkg -l | grep nzbget
ii xbian-package-nzbget 11.0 armhf NZBGet 11.0 compiled, patched and configured for XBian
Hmm that's weird. Are you sure the settings for your newsserver are set correct (enough connections etc) and that the speed of your newsserver is not limited to this speed (maybe you are using a free newsserver?). Also make sure you did not limit the download speed in NZBGet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's