Forum

Full Version: [Part 3] Download torrent & newsserver packages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
no speed limiting, max connections are fine, I've confirmed the same (news server) settings are fine on my pc.

There is no speed limiting, I've tried a fresh install (of xbian), installed the packages, put in my news server settings, everything else is on default.

The pi itself is on ethernet and there is no rate limiting on the router.
Whats the speed when you wget something? You could try rolling back to 10.2 to see if that changes anything.
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-nzbget=10.2

But I can't really imagine this is (directly) related to the nzbget package.
Nothing wrong with the latest 11 version, I'm getting 4.5 Meg.

Only time I've saw 50-70k on older versions is when the files are dcma and not really on the server or outside of the servers retention.

Try getting a small nzb (200 Meg ) and see if it really does download the files correctly.

Rich
I've narrowed it down to being an issue of disk read/write speed on the usb drive on beta 1.

Thanks for the help, it's completely unrelated to the download package Smile
Okay thanks for the update. Maybe you could post it in the beta 1 topic if you can't solve it (and also when you have found a solution of course).
Wrong post, sorry!
I don't know what you mean exactly and how this is related to the download package. Could you explain a bit more please.
Just a quick update after 1 weeks worth of use. No problems what so ever - all works perfect.

Only comments would be is add 7z to your PI - new options in the settings to support it.

sudo apt-get install p7zip-full

Then do "whereis 7z"

Add "/usr/bin/7z" to the SevenZipCmd option in nzbget.

Also if you remove the login name but keep the password set you can link this into spotweb and download any nzb with a click of an icon.

Rich
Thanks for the update, good to hear it's still good.

About 7zip, in my experience it's never needed because everything is rarred. Or does 7z also unrar?

Good find about spotweb, you could ofcourse also use the watchfolder for this.
(20th Jul, 2013 06:23 AM)Fred Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update, good to hear it's still good.

About 7zip, in my experience it's never needed because everything is rarred. Or does 7z also unrar?

Good find about spotweb, you could ofcourse also use the watchfolder for this.

Yeah 99% is rar but came across a few nds games in 7z format the other day. Thought might as well add it.

Rich
Thanks Rich, I have added it to the OP Smile.
I only started installing the packages today.
CP, SB and Headphones are fine - NZBGet has been trying to install for about an hour now - when I tried using sudo ... install pacjkage route have the same issue

EDIT : It has just succeeded
Good that it succeeded eventually but it should not take that long. Were you installing through XBMC xbian-config at the first try?

When you tried the command line route, how long did it take and do you remember what step of the installation took so long?
Can anyone tell me where headphones.db is located?
/usr/local/share/headphones/
or
/etc/headphones/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's