Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
For those having the low quality fan art issues, can you try editing your /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.

Change the following lines:
Code:
<fanartres>540</fanartres> to <fanartres>720</fanartres>
<imageres>256</imageres> to <imageres>540</imageres>

After that remove your database and rescan/scrape the fanart.
(28th Feb, 2013 08:01 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]Alpha 5 here, all good
weird..and you have nothing suspicious in logs ?
to be honest, not sure what may causing this..maybe your network connection ? what scraper did you use to scan your media with ?
I don't know if I have anything suspicious in my logs, because I don't know what to look for.

The scrapers I use are The TVDB and the default one for movies (don't know the name right now). But like I said, it's weird because I didn't have this problem in the past.. My connection's fine.

One more thing: The background art that is loaded is high quality. But the art on the right side of the library is low-quality 'pixely'. Same for TV shows.
I've been using Alpha 5 for a few days now and find it's working well. I've replaced an aging HTPC that struggled with 1080p, had a noisy fan, and was power hungry. I now leave xbian on all the time. I also built a GPIO to RS232 cable to connect to my TV so I can change TV inputs with a button press.

I like the xbian logo on boot, but I think a smoother font or graphic is needed for the "loading..." and "starting xbmc..." text.

Thanks again! Looking forward to the next release.

Doug
(28th Feb, 2013 08:10 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]For those having the low quality fan art issues, can you try editing your /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.

Code:

How do I remove the database? Is that just deleting both folders and add them again?
(1st Mar, 2013 02:56 AM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Feb, 2013 08:10 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]For those having the low quality fan art issues, can you try editing your /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.

Code:

How do I remove the database? Is that just deleting both folders and add them again?

please read
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library/Updating_or_removing_videos
what size is alpha 5 when installed. i did a new install on a 8GB SD and its completely full.
(1st Mar, 2013 05:26 AM)click.ilan Wrote: [ -> ]what size is alpha 5 when installed. i did a new install on a 8GB SD and its completely full.
(1st Mar, 2013 05:26 AM)click.ilan Wrote: [ -> ]what size is alpha 5 when installed. i did a new install on a 8GB SD and its completely full.

what makes you think that the card is full? how did you check this ? can you give us more details please ?
I'm having an issue with my portable HDD. I think it's an A5 bug because my HDD worked great with A4. Here is my original thread: http://forum.xbian.org/thread-550.html
df -h gives me this:

Terminal

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 658M 632M 27M 96% /
/dev/mmcblk0p2 658M 632M 27M 96% /
tmpfs 38M 276K 38M 1% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
tmpfs 75M 0 75M 0% /run/shm
/dev/mmcblk0p1 34M 11M 24M 32% /boot
while cfdisk show a 7.9G ext4 partition and a small vfat partition

i deleted all existing partitions on my SD and then did a dd of the .img file

i tried doing resize root through xbian config. it resized on boot but the situation remains the same
Can you do:
Code:
sudo su
resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2
df -h
cannot:

Terminal

root@xbian:~# resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2
resize2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
Filesystem at /dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted on /; on-line resizing required
old_desc_blocks = 1, new_desc_blocks = 1
resize2fs: Permission denied to resize filesystem

can i do it another system?

(1st Mar, 2013 06:43 AM)click.ilan Wrote: [ -> ]cannot:

Terminal

root@xbian:~# resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2
resize2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
Filesystem at /dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted on /; on-line resizing required
old_desc_blocks = 1, new_desc_blocks = 1
resize2fs: Permission denied to resize filesystem

can i do it another system?

Update:

did a resize2fs using my laptop. solved
Great, where working on that rare problem.

Code:

Koenkk, thanks for the hint but it didn't help. I modified advancedsettings.xml as suggested, changed the content type to "none", saved, cleaned the database, changed back to "universal scraper" and the same low resolution posters and fanart got fetched.

I will give the standard scraper a try tonight, maybe it's something relating to the universal scraper add-on.

Cheers,
mr.foo
so when you add source and scan your media to library and than from main menu you go to Movies(not Videos) and you switch view to specific,you still dont see fanart and booklets are in lowres ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's