Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(7th Mar, 2013 09:48 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]If you see the cpu bar it either means you have installed a pre release or you installed a different skin. The cpu bar in XBMC isn't showing a good value at all

Xbian 1.0a5

xbmc 12.0 Git:20130127-fb595f2

Oh-oh - it's the Quartz skin - so that explains why I'm seeing the bar .... but that CPU ... ????
(7th Mar, 2013 10:10 PM)castalla Wrote: [ -> ]
(7th Mar, 2013 09:48 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]If you see the cpu bar it either means you have installed a pre release or you installed a different skin. The cpu bar in XBMC isn't showing a good value at all

Xbian 1.0a5

xbmc 12.0 Git:20130127-fb595f2

Oh-oh - it's the Quartz skin - so that explains why I'm seeing the bar .... but that CPU ... ????

can you try to get all to default and see if this issue still happens? Default means to reflash Alpha5 and do not change any settings except the audio and video to your needs
Okay - I'll reflash - I'll just install Quartz ... bit of a pain because the wifi install doesn't work on my system ... so I'll have to swap cards and dongle onto ethernet'ed Pi to do the ssh config.
please do not install any custom skin, stay with default Confluence at least for test Wink
edit: also please turn on debugging in settings
So - will debugging show the cpu load?

okay - reinstalled. Confluence only - nothing changed

First, having a real problem trying to change video - the menu keeps locking up. Just leaving at default.

Secondly, debugging on shows CPU at 95-97%

And - now ... it's locked up again - can't reviive from screen-saver dim.

What now?

It's still running - at 95% but can't get out of dimmed screensaver.

Not sure if edit triggers a notification - so just a small bump!
Why do replies get added to original post???

second bump
are you on Wifi or LAN ? if you are on Wifi can you try connect just by LAN or no network at all if you have no LAN

I do ask you to do this steps to marrow down the problem,so hope you understand my steps Wink
Can't do LAN as tv is too far from router ... I'll run just without wifi.

Without wifi - CPU is 96%
sorry if I didnt make myself clear at the beginning, but im not interested into your CPU load but the reason why is your RPi freeze Wink
btw how do u operate XBMC ? do you have keyboard? if yes how is it connected ?
also any other device in USB ports?
I use a flirc: http://flirc.tv in usb port

But - I get the same lockup using a usb logitech keyboard
ok,are u connected direct or powered USB hub?
Also Im suspicious that your RPi is not actually freeze but just your keyboard is unresponsive once dimmer is activated.
When this happened can you try access your RPi from other computer from web browser using the webserver remote and see if is working ?
Uptime without wifi - 1 hour - no lockups

If you recall - some time back I reported the strange wifi issue - wifi showing continuos blue light even though xbmc shutdown.

I suspect a wifi issue ... maybe the dongle is defective?

I've gone back to alpha 4 - after a couple of lockups I disabled cec - plugged in wifi - haven't been able to test more (as tv now in use!). But - xbmc shutdown is fast AND wifi blue light is OFF.

Anyway - I'm getting a new dongle - so unless you have any ideas I'll leave it a couple of days & test 5 alpha again with new dongle.
you know the basic rule that any USB device should be self powered or connected through powered USB hub ?
(8th Mar, 2013 02:18 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]ok,are u connected direct or powered USB hub?
Also Im suspicious that your RPi is not actually freeze but just your keyboard is unresponsive once dimmer is activated.
When this happened can you try access your RPi from other computer from web browser using the webserver remote and see if is working ?

Direct to usb. I can log in using ssh.

(8th Mar, 2013 03:05 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]you know the basic rule that any USB device should be self powered or connected through powered USB hub ?

Never had any probems uptil now!!!
so there you go Wink get the powered usb hub and get your wifi dongle into that and you should be ok Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's