Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
looks like it just hangs after xbmc starts. i would say try different PSU also if you have anything plugged into USB ports directly leave it unplugged and try boot than to see if the issue persist
Can anybody tell me which log file I should share in order to see why my Xbian installation will not start Xbmc? ... I have made several changes to the install including : LXDE , Chromium , Owncloud Client and everything was running fine ... my problems began after I installed GEDIT ... I have additonally modified cmdline.txt to display the verbose boot log .. but I am unable to see any particluar issues and just simply end up at a Xbian Login prompt?
(1st May, 2013 03:56 AM)namtih Wrote: [ -> ]What power adapter do you use (manufactorer, mA...)?
Does it successfully boot XBMC or does it crash at the startup?
Are other devices connected to the Pi?
I am using 5 V 0.7 A Travel Adapter model ATADU10EBE power adapter .
USB Keyboard(TRICOM) and USB mouse ( Logitech M-UKDEL#3) . I have not yet connected to network so no wirless and no ethernet connected to raspberry PI board .

(1st May, 2013 11:42 AM)nj.raspi Wrote: [ -> ]
(1st May, 2013 03:56 AM)namtih Wrote: [ -> ]What power adapter do you use (manufactorer, mA...)?
Does it successfully boot XBMC or does it crash at the startup?
Are other devices connected to the Pi?
I am using 5 V 0.7 A Travel Adapter model ATADU10EBE power adapter .
USB Keyboard(TRICOM) and USB mouse ( Logitech M-UKDEL#3) . I have not yet connected to network so no wirless and no ethernet connected to raspberry PI board .It crashes after boot up once i start access menu on XBMC screen especially settings
Is it possible to get both HDMI and Analog sound to output from the pi using XBIAN?
(1st May, 2013 04:09 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]looks like it just hangs after xbmc starts. i would say try different PSU also if you have anything plugged into USB ports directly leave it unplugged and try boot than to see if the issue persist

Yes you are right after unplugging USB devices it is working now .
problem is that i need both ( at least once) and keyboard/mouse to configure WIFI adapter . how can i do this now . Will overclocking help her in any way .
@nj.raspi
Please try a more powerful power adapter with about 1A or more. Mobile phones often have such power adapters, perhaps you or friends have one lying around to test it before buying a new one.
You could also try to connect only the keyboard without the mouse.

@hidef
Please try to execute the following commands. Hopefully it will write a more helpful error message:
Terminal

sudo pkill xbmc.bin
sudo pkill splash
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc start

@marke08
Please check this thread for more information:
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-66.html
(1st May, 2013 12:21 PM)marke08 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to get both HDMI and Analog sound to output from the pi using XBIAN?

yes it is.latest version of XBian + XBMC.see FP

XBMC Frodo 12.1 & More!
(1st May, 2013 12:25 PM)nj.raspi Wrote: [ -> ]
(1st May, 2013 04:09 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]looks like it just hangs after xbmc starts. i would say try different PSU also if you have anything plugged into USB ports directly leave it unplugged and try boot than to see if the issue persist

Yes you are right after unplugging USB devices it is working now .
problem is that i need both ( at least once) and keyboard/mouse to configure WIFI adapter . how can i do this now . Will overclocking help her in any way .

your RPi simply do not have enough juice to run and feed the USB devices.
My recommendation:
  • PSU 1A(1000mA) or above
  • always use self powered USB devices or connect via self powered USB Hub only! Not direct to RPi
New problem guys, when i click the reboot button in the GUI, nothing happens, the pi won't boot back up unless i unplug. I can reboot from SSH without problem though
(11th May, 2013 08:55 AM)marke08 Wrote: [ -> ]New problem guys, when i click the reboot button in the GUI, nothing happens, the pi won't boot back up unless i unplug. I can reboot from SSH without problem though

beta1 is solved
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been answered already - I did do a search first...

I'm trying to install Samba on my Pi (Xbian Alpha5). Tried following a guide for the command line way (almost got it all working - could see my shared folder in Windows, just could not access it because of username and password/permission problems) before i realized that Xbian-Config could do it.

So I started from scratch and have tried to install Samba using Xbian-Config, but it keeps getting "stuck" on Please wait while installing samba.... Its been about 30 mins... should it take this long?

Thanks for your help.
Tried the first way again... all working now.

I think the Samba package installer in Xbian-Config may be broken...
(17th May, 2013 02:51 PM)mrots Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the first way again... all working now.

I think the Samba package installer in Xbian-Config may be broken...

Sometimes, and don't know yet why, the progress bar didn't close, but package is installed. install package could take long time (like 10 minutes), but 30 minutes is too mutch, you can look by ssh it and check with top if apt is running, if not you could reboot pi, and check if it is installed.
Is there a kernel headers package available in Alpha5?
I need to compile a driver for my Wi-Fi dongle ( https://github.com/liwei/rpi-rtl8188eu ) and I succeed in Arch Linux ARM but I love Xbian as the configuration perfectly suits my needs and I don't want to bother with tweaky system configuration or minor issues every now and then. So I'd like to compile the driver for Xbian, but none of the kernel headers I tried against actually seem to work. The resulting .ko binary always seem to "disagree about symbols version" (that's what dmesg tells me). Any help?
Can you try installing our 3.8.13 kernel? You can find it on our github xbian-package-kernel repo content folder. (maybe 3.8.13 supports this out of the box)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's