Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
excellent.. many thanks for the help..
(9th Mar, 2013 08:25 PM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]Is it normal that the sound of a video starts a few seconds later than the video itself? I'm streaming from a NAS, both connected through cables and the Pi is connected through HDMI (including sound).

When I start a video, the first 3 seconds I have no sound and then it suddenly pops up. Is this normal, or is there anything I can do about this maybe? Smile

I use a connected USB device, but I see the same behavior. So it's not an issue of the streaming function.
Alpha4 didn't has this issue, but I can't say execatly when it started as I made several updates to the XBMC nightlies repo.

And it seems only to affect local video files and not streams like YouTube or other video addons.

But as long as the sound starts after 3 seconds and it is synced I can live with it Rolleyes
Yeah, I guess that's too, but it would be nicer if it would start at the same time. I can't really remember having this issue with 1a4, but I can't be sure either.
Do you also the XBMC nightlies or do you use a blank A5 image?
(9th Mar, 2013 10:59 PM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I guess that's too, but it would be nicer if it would start at the same time. I can't really remember having this issue with 1a4, but I can't be sure either.

I'm pretty sure alpha 4 also has this issue. However this will be fixed in the next XBian version (Dom from the Raspberry Pi merged a patch for this in the XBMC mainline). Maybe we will also release a updated .deb version (then you can just update with sudo apt-get upgrade). Will updated here once it's live Smile
As I use the latest nightlies by Friday, shouldn't it be corrected for me then?
I included it here: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbmc-nightly/commit/be7cc0460c561d35baf82758c3e726cfb466ae55 (it's the seekbeforezero.patch I'm talking about). Also be sure you checkout the Frodo branch (so not the master).
(9th Mar, 2013 11:22 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]Also be sure you checkout the Frodo branch (so not the master).

Ok, thanks. This was the issue.
I will test it later.
--
It's working again, thanks. Smile
(9th Mar, 2013 11:16 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]
(9th Mar, 2013 10:59 PM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I guess that's too, but it would be nicer if it would start at the same time. I can't really remember having this issue with 1a4, but I can't be sure either.

I'm pretty sure alpha 4 also has this issue. However this will be fixed in the next XBian version (Dom from the Raspberry Pi merged a patch for this in the XBMC mainline). Maybe we will also release a updated .deb version (then you can just update with sudo apt-get upgrade). Will updated here once it's live Smile
Awesome, I'll just wait for the next version then Smile
Great work!
No popping sound, no black screen. Fast and smooth.

But I have just one little problem. My PI goes to reboot ever 1 to 5 minutes (when playing videos or just showing main screen). The bad thing is the black screen after reboot. I've reinstalled Alpha5 twice (with new update).

Does anyone experience that problem too?

p.s. I use overclocking. Turbo mode in Alpha4 was working really fine. Now I should use "High" mode, but my PI still reboots.
I use 1400mA adapter and 3 heatsinks
Why samba by default creates folders as root:root? I think xbian:xbian will be better...
Can you explain better?
And another question. Why my hdd displays twice in System info?

(10th Mar, 2013 09:46 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain better?

install samba using xbian-config
create folder 123 in /media/hdd dir usinf Explorer from Windows 8
ssh to PI, ls -all /media/hdd, root:root 644 123

upd: in //xbian/xbian dir new files/dir has xbain:xbain, in //xbian/devices/hdd - root:root
(10th Mar, 2013 09:33 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: http://forum.xbian.org/thread-523-post-6373.html#pid6373

I've just trun off "High" overclocking. Now I'm using "Xbian" overclocking mode. All works fine! But the main menu is a little slow now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's