Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(28th Feb, 2013 08:10 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]For those having the low quality fan art issues, can you try editing your /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.

Change the following lines:
Code:
<fanartres>540</fanartres> to <fanartres>720</fanartres>
<imageres>256</imageres> to <imageres>540</imageres>

After that remove your database and rescan/scrape the fanart.

Didn't work, I'm afraid Sad
Also tried enabling/disabling the LCD/VFD option, but that didn't work either.

Btw, I don't think XBMC is using the scraper for my fanart. Sickbeard downloads a 'folder.jpg' file to the directory. All those images correspond to the images used in XBMC. However, the images are high-resolution on my laptop, but in XBMC they're really low quality. Like I said, this problem did not occur in 1a4, so there has to be something related to that.
(1st Mar, 2013 07:51 PM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]
(28th Feb, 2013 08:10 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]For those having the low quality fan art issues, can you try editing your /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.

Change the following lines:
Code:
<fanartres>540</fanartres> to <fanartres>720</fanartres>
<imageres>256</imageres> to <imageres>540</imageres>

After that remove your database and rescan/scrape the fanart.

Didn't work, I'm afraid Sad
Also tried enabling/disabling the LCD/VFD option, but that didn't work either.

Btw, I don't think XBMC is using the scraper for my fanart. Sickbeard downloads a 'folder.jpg' file to the directory. All those images correspond to the images used in XBMC. However, the images are high-resolution on my laptop, but in XBMC they're really low quality. Like I said, this problem did not occur in 1a4, so there has to be something related to that.

what about here,same ?
http://xbian.org/forum/showthread.php?pid=6823#pid6823
Fan art isn't loaded, background is high quality and the poster is low-quality.

I tried manually selecting the jpg Sickbeard downloaded as poster, but it still shows low quality Sad
change the resolution of xbmc to 720p... yep, seems a joke but there are less "ugly pixels" (on a4, the standart res of the menu was 1366x768

change the resolution of xbmc to 720p (not the film, only the menu)... yep, seems a joke but there are less "ugly pixels" (on a4, the standart res of the menu was 1366x768
XBMC GUI resolution already is 720p.
Alright I just bought another SD card and installed Xbian 1a4 on it. I added the Movies and TV Shows libraries, and guess what:

High-quality posters! Exact same settings as my original Xbian 1a5.

I'm going to apply the Frodo patch to 1a4 in just a minute and see if it's still high-res.

The FRODO patch requires this command:
Code:
git clone -b xbian-alpha5 git://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian.git
I'm guessing this applies to xbian-alpha5, not 4. How do I get the stuff from alpha4? Just changing the '5' to '4'?
No that won't do the trick. Can you try the following.

- Restore Alpha 5 to an SD card
- Remove <imageres>256</imageres> from /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
- Scan the library
- Check if it has high res pictures now.
Rescan or complete delete and renew?
Just restore alpha 5 to a sd card (so you start with a fresh install)
I'm getting semi-random lockups on keyboard - particularly when entering user and password entries. The confluence screens just seem more flaky than in previous releases ... because there's no consistency it's difficult to pin it down.
@castalla how many FPS do you see in system -> system info?
You mean is video? 68 fps - varying
I mean the FPS you see in XBMC -> System -> System info
It's about 63 fps ...
Overclock?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's