Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
@sebvajda, what does this say:
Code:
cat /etc/xbian_version
Did as suggested. On reboot got the usual verbose output rather than the progress bar, saw a message fly by about a missing lib but I don't know which one.
I am stuck on a command prompt waiting for xbian login.

I tried sebvajda's fix and get the following
Code:
root@xbian:/home/xbian# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
root@xbian:/home/xbian# /etc/init.d/xbmc start
root@xbian:/home/xbian# /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'll check back in the morning before I go to work.

If it helps
Code:
root@xbian:/home/xbian# cat /etc/xbian_version
1.0a5
root@xbian:/home/xbian#
So far I find Alplha 5 to be extremely slow after the upgrade from A4. Not sure what is happening. SSL into the pi, select the overclock option and I get kicked out of the menu.

In XBMC it takes forever to load the Xbian menu in system settings. All menus respond much slower on my Pi. I will try a clean install tomorrow. Perhaps that helps speeding things up.
@lemmy999:
We've got reports this fixes that bug:
Code:
sudo ln -s /opt/vc/lib /usr/lib/vfp

(21st Feb, 2013 08:19 AM)Smiggel Wrote: [ -> ]So far I find Alplha 5 to be extremely slow after the upgrade from A4. Not sure what is happening. SSL into the pi, select the overclock option and I get kicked out of the menu.

In XBMC it takes forever to load the Xbian menu in system settings. All menus respond much slower on my Pi. I will try a clean install tomorrow. Perhaps that helps speeding things up.
The slowness is a known to us, will be improved in future versions. Just look to it from the positive side and see what the potential is for the XBMC settings menu and what we have did so far. From no XBMC settings menu to a full blown (although slow) one Smile
(21st Feb, 2013 08:11 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]@sebvajda, what does this say:
Code:
cat /etc/xbian_version

mmmhhhh...
Code:
root@redbox:/# cat /etc/xbian_version
1.0a4

What the hell did I do wrong here ? Huh

XBMC version seems to be 12.0 Git:20130127-fb595f2 and firmware seems to have been updated:
Code:
root@redbox:/opt/vc/bin# vcgencmd version
Jan 26 2013 19:22:33
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 365344 (release)
(21st Feb, 2013 08:19 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]@lemmy999:
Code:

(21st Feb, 2013 08:19 AM)Smiggel Wrote: [ -> ]So far I find Alplha 5 to be extremely slow after the upgrade from A4. Not sure what is happening. SSL into the pi, select the overclock option and I get kicked out of the menu.

The slowness is a known to us, will be improved in future versions. Just look to it from the positive side and see what the potential is for the XBMC settings menu and what we have did so far. From no XBMC settings menu to a full blown (although slow) one Smile

True, it's a nice upgrade. However, I rather not have it when it makes the overall feeling of XBMC a little slower. :-( I do appreciate the effort that is put into the menu. It's nice to be able to adde licenses using XBMC and not a config.txt file. :-)

Also the SSL menu (to call it that way) crashed when I want to go to the overclock option.
(21st Feb, 2013 08:09 AM)shakinfrog Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Feb, 2013 07:47 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]What plugings and what dependencies?

I have rebooted my Raspberry Pi twice and now for some reason the missing plugins are back and working Smile Hurray!

As an example 'MTV.de' and 'NRK Nett-tv' was missing and 'Rockpalast.de' would not install (xbmc said dependencies was missing).

Xbian keeps crashing and rebooting.
Good night folks! I must go to bed.
(21st Feb, 2013 08:24 AM)Smiggel Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:

True, it's a nice upgrade. However, I rather not have it when it makes the overall feeling of XBMC a little slower. :-( I do appreciate the effort that is put into the menu. It's nice to be able to adde licenses using XBMC and not a config.txt file. :-)

Also the SSL menu (to call it that way) crashed when I want to go to the overclock option.

The settings menu only runs when you open it, so it doesn't affect the general XBMC speed.
(21st Feb, 2013 08:32 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Feb, 2013 08:24 AM)Smiggel Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:

The settings menu only runs when you open it, so it doesn't affect the general XBMC speed.

Hmm, guess it was doing something in the background then, as I continued navigating to see what all changed. :-) I am really curious to see what all changed. Have a better look tomorrow.

Other then that: good job! The best distribution just got a lot better! Btw: nice boot splash. Looks good.
I am unable to update sbian from alpha4 to alpha5:

Quote:xbian@xbian:~# sudo apt-get install xbian-update
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-update : Depends: xbian-package-config-shell (>= 2.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbian-package-config-xbmc (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: udisks but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libnfs-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: nfs-common but it is not going to be installed
Depends: samba-common-bin but it is not going to be installed
Depends: avahi-daemon but it is not going to be installed
Depends: usbmount but it is not going to be installed
Depends: git-core
Depends: ntfs-3g but it is not going to be installed
Depends: wireless-tools but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libjasper-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libass-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: fbset but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libplist1 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pv but it is not going to be installed
Depends: exfat-fuse but it is not going to be installed
Depends: bc but it is not going to be installed
Depends: usbutils but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libbluray-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: watchdog but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcurl3 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: hfsplus but it is not going to be installed
Depends: hfsprogs but it is not going to be installed
Depends: hfsutils but it is not going to be installed
Depends: klogd
Depends: sysklogd but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libva1 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: console-tools but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
xbian@xbian:~#

Before that, a few weeks ago I updated to the final version (12) of xbmc, so that might have something to do. Is there something I could do?
Did you do this before installing:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
(21st Feb, 2013 08:43 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Did you do this before installing:
Code:
sudo apt-get update

Sure! sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Quote:W: Failed to fetch http://aptmirror.no-ip.org/dists/wheezy/Release.gpg Something wicked happened resolving 'aptmirror.no-ip.org:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)

W: Failed to fetch http://aptmirror.no-ip.org/dists/wheezy/main/binary-armhf/Packages Something wicked happened resolving 'aptmirror.no-ip.org:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)

W: Failed to fetch http://aptmirror.no-ip.org/dists/wheezy/main/i18n/Translation-en Something wicked happened resolving 'aptmirror.no-ip.org:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
xbian@xbian:~#
You need to do:
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
(21st Feb, 2013 09:02 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]You need to do:
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Sounds pretty dangerous to me:
Quote:xbian@xbian:~# sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
[sudo] password for xbian:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
dialog xbian-package-config xbian-update
The following NEW packages will be installed:
hfsplus hfsprogs hfsutils klogd libhfsp0 sysklogd watchdog
xbian-package-config-shell xbian-package-config-xbmc xbian-package-firmware
The following packages will be upgraded:
xbian-package-kernel3.6.11 xbian-package-xbmc
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
xbian-update xbian-package-config (due to xbian-update)
2 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 57.1 MB of archives.
After this operation, 48.1 kB of additional disk space will be used.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
?]
Do it, but to be sure, make a backup first.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's