Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Yes, updating the system like we do is really sophisticated, but if you follow our steps carefully, you can upgrade instead of a reinstall. Reinstalling is always an option if upgrading doesn't work. That is one of the differences between XBian and Raspbmc.
And this is one of the reasons we where still releasing in Alpha.

However, to compromise the users not reading well enough, i've also updated the XBMC update so it conflicts with the specific libc packages. They will now not be install when running apt-get upgrade. Then at least they can still install the core update package afterwards, because without that package the system will still not work.
I'm still getting the wifi ON when Power Off selected!

Last lines of log:
Code:
08:30:37 T:3042725888 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10115 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:30:37 T:3042725888 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10104 from the window manager when it didn't exist
08:30:37 T:3042725888  NOTICE: closing down remote control service
08:30:37 T:3042725888  NOTICE: unload sections
08:30:37 T:3042725888  NOTICE: application stopped...
I hope I don't get a blast from the moderators for this post as my "problem" is that I don't have a problem.

Just upgraded from alpha4 to alpha5 without a single hitch. Followed the instructions to a tee and I can only say

1. thanks guys for your great work!

2. when attempting to upgrade then simply follow the instructions to the letter and all is good.

Thanks again from Australia

Frank
You never get "blasts" for compliments Big Grin
How about some response to my wifi issue?

Issuing Halt in terminal shuts down the Pi INCLUDING the wifi - Power Off leaves the wifi on ....
As you can see here:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/blob/xbian-beta1/etc/init.d/xbmc#L49

We do a:
Code:
sudo halt
when you close XBMC from within XBMC. We never do a:
Code:
sudo poweroff
Ahem ... sorry the github means nothing to me!

Previous alpha did shut-down and wifi off - this version leaves the wifi on.

I've just switched to Power off system - after more than 1 minute - the TV reports No Signal. Blue wifi light is still on continously - so this must mean that power is still being pushed to the dongle?

Edit: hang on - issuing a halt in terminal is also showing the wifi as on!

Am I seeing things, or was this always the case? Maybe I just assumed the wifi was always turned off previously ...
guess I'll just have to pull the plug!
No need to use "!" here. I was just showing you with a clear example of real code that we didn't change the behavior and so we always issued a halt. I believe (but can't check right now) that poweroff is just a wrapper of halt but do the same thing.
Sorry - I must not have noticed the wifi was still on previously .... need new spectacles obviously.

Otherwise, the new version seems very good. Thanks.
(22nd Feb, 2013 08:17 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]
(22nd Feb, 2013 07:30 AM)hukulasche Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I recently updated to alpha 5 and everything is fine but CEC.
It doesn't power on the tv or switch the source and the tv's remote isn't working anymore, too.
My TV (Samsung LE46A656A1) doesn't even recognize the raspberry pi as CEC- aka Aynet+ device.
CEC was working with alpha 4.
After xbmc starts, the following message appears:"Pulse-Eight CEC adapter Configuration updated"
BTW I didn't changed anything like the HDMI cable/port or settings.

Information:
network interface: eth0
xbmc/xbian version: XBMC 12.0 Git:20130127 / xbian 1.0a5
psu: 5V/1A
device/s: Xbox 360 Wireless controller as remote
sdcard: 4gb sandisk class 4 micro sdcard with sandisk microsd to sd adapter

log: http://pastebin.com/6mfXuffZ
Thanks for helping, you guys are awesome!

Can you post the output of
Code:
sudo dpkg -l | grep libc

Pist it on pastebin.com and link it here

output of
Code:
sudo dpkg -l | grep libc
:
http://pastebin.com/NwS2yC3F

EDIT: BTW I din't updated with a command or so, I reflashed the new image onto the sdcard
At least your problem is not due the incorrect update steps. Can you post the output of:
Code:
ls -lrt libcec*
When RPi turns off by shutdown it flashes the ACT led 10 times. When by halt - don't.
As stats before, power off doesn't seem to work. Also I couldn't configure my wireless adaptor without unplugging the Ethernet.
(22nd Feb, 2013 11:45 PM)Liggerstuxin Wrote: [ -> ]As stats before, power off doesn't seem to work. Also I couldn't configure my wireless adaptor without unplugging the Ethernet.

Can you provide some more details on how did you configure the wireless network?
(22nd Feb, 2013 11:00 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]At least your problem is not due the incorrect update steps. Can you post the output of:
Code:
ls -lrt libcec*

Sorry for the false suspicion..
The error was on the tv side.
I noticed that the CEC of my BD-Player wasn't working so I just disconnected the power source from all devices including tv, bd-player, avr and now everything is working well again.
Thank you very much for the support anywaySmile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's