Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(8th Mar, 2013 06:46 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]Was a reply to effemeffe Wink

Why not?
My reply was to do it... but install xbian-update directly afterwards.

Also, if Koenkk and I disagree always choose CurlyMo's side Wink
(8th Mar, 2013 06:48 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]My reply was to do it... but install xbian-update directly afterwards.

Also, if Koenkk and I disagree always choose CurlyMo's side Wink

It looked dangerous in my eyes Wink
@Koenkk, also read my request?
It seems it worked, thanks.
Yes, will do that immediately when I'm home.
Just updating my alpha 5 vs. alpha 4 experience ....

3.5 hours on alpha 4 wifi - no lockups - network speeds not affected

Just saying what I've seen! Huh
Then just run Alpha 4 and hope Beta 1 will give you better results...
Updated the xbian-package-firmware1.3.deb & uploaded it to the apt mirror.
I guess that's my only option !

I just find it strange that my blue-light always on and 1 min plus shutdown doesn't seem to have caused any head-scratching !!!

If I get a go at the tv later, then I'm going to check the interfaces file on 5 alpha.
It does, but if we can't find the solution and you're about the only one reporting it, we can't give it priority.
I understand.
I tried the edimax dongle (working 100% in 4 alpha) in a Cubieboard using the same network interface settings as alpha 4 - worked fine in Debian.

I tried the same interface settings in alpha 5 - same issues as before - locking screens (I tried to change the International settings .. it kept locking up as I scrolled through the country list - gave up after 5 reboots to reach Khyrgistan! I was aiming for GB). Shutdown takes more than 1 min, and wifi still on.

I'll try again tomorrow when new tp-link dongle arrives .... must say I'm not hopeful it'll make a difference. There are too many confounding variables: edimax dongle, Samsung cec, xbian, xbmc, kernel, etc.
i going to repeat myself, use the powered USB hub...
I've just updated to a5, went to install the new firmware and I'm getting the following error.

E: The package xbian-package-headers3.2.27 needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

I've tried running sudo apt-get install xbian-package-headers3.2.27 but that just returns the same error..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's