Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Alpha 5 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
No - standard fresh image install
With 63fps the GUI should be fluent Smile
Oh well - I'll just see if it gets better with the soon-to-be (???!!!) Beta ....
Still getting lockups - it happens especially on Settings sub-menu screens - eg. Appearance - Screensaver
what do you exactly mean with a lockup? (E.G. lag spike, total system hang) Also can you post your /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log after the lockup? Post it on pastebin.com and link it here.
Watchdog related?
(2nd Mar, 2013 04:17 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]Just restore alpha 5 to a sd card (so you start with a fresh install)
Just did this and I don't know why, but now the posters are high-quality again Huh
Weird, because the installation that had the issues was a fresh install too, not an update. I'm just glad it's fixed now.

(I did not edit the advancedsettings.xml file, I forgot that Tongue)
(2nd Mar, 2013 07:19 PM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2nd Mar, 2013 04:17 AM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]Just restore alpha 5 to a sd card (so you start with a fresh install)
Just did this and I don't know why, but now the posters are high-quality again Huh
Weird, because the installation that had the issues was a fresh install too, not an update. I'm just glad it's fixed now.

I knew that there was something weird in this case, as I said that all is fine here and I was testing all many ways and wasn't able to recreate your issue Wink
glad u happy at the end
(2nd Mar, 2013 07:22 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]

I knew that there was something weird in this case, as I said that all is fine here and I was testing all many ways and wasn't able to recreate your issue Wink
glad u happy at the end
Oops, spoke too soon. I added my TV shows now and those posters were low quality, so I checked my movies again: low quality! Out of nowhere.. I didn't do anything, except for adding TV shows..
(2nd Mar, 2013 07:44 PM)Tommiiee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2nd Mar, 2013 07:22 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]

glad u happy at the end
Oops, spoke too soon. I added my TV shows now and those posters were low quality, so I checked my movies again: low quality! Out of nowhere.. I didn't do anything, except for adding TV shows..
oh dear, now I dont really have a clue whats wrong on yours Huh
Hi
I've been using alpha 4 since it was released.
1) Is there a way to upgrade to alpha 5? Keeping my settings? Keeping my advancedsettings.xml?
2) I tried to fresh install alpha 5 on the same SD I have alpha 4. I'm on a Mac. XPi finds the SD card. I press install XBian and it stops 1 second later saying "Process failed".
What could be wrong here? Could it be that I'm using a 8GB card instead of a 4GB card like in xbmchub requirements?

tx
(2nd Mar, 2013 09:17 PM)twins Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I've been using alpha 4 since it was released.
1) Is there a way to upgrade to alpha 5? Keeping my settings? Keeping my advancedsettings.xml?
2) I tried to fresh install alpha 5 on the same SD I have alpha 4. I'm on a Mac. XPi finds the SD card. I press install XBian and it stops 1 second later saying "Process failed".
What could be wrong here? Could it be that I'm using a 8GB card instead of a 4GB card like in xbmchub requirements?

tx
your thread was merged into this what is official Alpha 5 thread
Please do not open new thread for something what is already discussed!
-thx-
@twins
On alpha 4 just upgrade to alpha 5 using by sshing into your pi and executing:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbian-update
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Reference URL's