Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Thanks for the fast reply mk01,

I did a search (cut 'n' pasted) ssh-nid, but I get...

"Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."

Is there anything else I should add to get to the solution?

Thanks

Skywatch
yes. you should add your commitment to go one by one all posts to find it. as I did, found and posted in the same message Big Grin

btw that one should go to the wiki as well

….
Can you guys please update the kernel headers for kernel v. 3.10.18+?
Omg, didn't read the forum for a while and just performed updates. Now my RPi is screwed. Via ssh the config looks like a virus has been chewing on it, after reboot, I get a long list of spin up errors on my tv screen (brand new flawless working hdd but spindown never worked for this one) and xbmc doesn't boot. After second reboot, ssh is not accessible. I had to unplug RPi. Unfortunately I do not have a laptop or pc until February so I have to do everything with my phone Sad will try to obtain logs and screenshots.

(sorry tapatalk has no edit support) I spoke too soon, after unplugging, config still looks damaged but I can start xbmc manually so my evening is saved Smile will upload log files in the morning!
@zilexa - Have you changed anything in your /etc/apt/sources.list to include devel or staging?

If not, then have you another SD card that you can flash and then access the old SD card via an adaptor as a USB drive - that way you should be able to post the cmdline.txt and config.txt

I haven't heard or seen anything like this with a normal sources file.
I have a problem since Beta2. I am using an external HDD and I mount this with a line in fstab and got USBMOUNT disabled. Now everything works well except that the disk is mounted to late. I run NZBGET which uses folders on this external HDD, but nzbget now starts before the disk is mounted so it will start with errors and I will have to restart it manually everytime. Any solutions for this?
Summary: I want externall HDD to mount before NZBGET starts.
seems my movie database, is not adding all recent to xbmc. I have scan database on reboot set to on. I just added 5 movies to database, the scan bar shows the movies adding. But xbmc only placed 1 movie in recent & into database. Will reboot v2 Pi & see again. Database is a HP microserver, 8TB of movies, no way am i erasing database & rescanning...
v1 Pi & v2 Pi same. Rebooted server, same...
No response, put Alpha5 back in v2 pi. It also is not pulling movie updates. So must be a local network problem at this time. Going to take a closer look at the HP server.
FIX, rebooted ATT NVG589 router.... Go figure works now. Love my Beta2!!!!!!! Always a self inflicted issue for me. I work for the deathstar.
About setting DNS and network manager

Hello,
I use vlan and I have to configure the DNS.
How can I do that ?

If y tpye: /etc/init.d/networking (as a sudo) su restart
I have this result:
No such file or directory

What can I do ?

Many thanks for your reply

Best regards
Thierry
How can i install XBMC Gotham?

I tried it with sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly

but i got the following message:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly : Depends: xbian-package-shairplay but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Even if i tried to install underr XBMC Packages under Video i got the info that the file is corrupted

Any help would be apreciated.

Yami
@yami

shairplay moved to stable.

apt-get update should help now.

Fred Wrote: [ -> ]Summary: I want externall HDD to mount before NZBGET starts.

mount it from /etc/fstab
(16th Dec, 2013 08:39 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you guys please update the kernel headers for kernel v. 3.10.18+?

done
Thanks mk01,

everything is fine, i used update and upgrade and was after that able to install gotham nightly.

Yami

[quote='mk01' pid='18995' dateline='1387563436']
@yami

shairplay moved to stable.

apt-get update should help now.
Software
XBian version: beta 2
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B 512 mb
SD card size and make/type: 8g
Network (wireless or LAN): wirless
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): tv

Logile
Link to logfile(s):http://pastebin.com/0yyu2DQr

Problem description:

when i power on RPI doesn't show nothing (splash), go straight to xbmc. the resolution of screen change to 720X480 by itself, i don't know why...
can you help me?
and why shows 256mb on settings and on log file when my RPI is 512mb..

ps: can you explain how to do screenshots through putty if is possible...

thanks and sorry my english
@pipes

rpi has shared memory (cpu & gpu). total is 512mb and in /boot/config.txt parameter gpu_mem_512 is set to 256M. you can change to 128.
@pipes

The screen change usually happens when you don't shutdown Xbian correctly. How do you shutdown xbian?

From logfile:
13:36:47 T:3041477152 NOTICE: ARM mem: 256MB GPU mem: 256MB
256 + 256 = 512.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's