Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Then still, something is causing the SD cards to actually fail.
is it literally failing the cards and installs, or just notifying about not success on particular mmc operations?
Failing, as in remounting as read-only or dropping to the debug shell.
I've reinstalled Beta 2, but currently network connecting takes endlessly until it finally drops to the shell. If i start XBMC manually, it starts without problems.
This also causes the modules not loading correctly, and thereby lirc not starting with the TSOP4838.
I have had this problem CurlyMo, setting a static IP address helped. It's still slow at times while waiting for the network.

XBMC shouldn't need to wait for the network, I don't know why it's configured this way...
I've set a static ip in the cmdline.txt, didn't change it.
Sorry, I meant I set my router to assign a static IP based on the Pi MAC.
Quote:XBMC shouldn't need to wait for the network, I don't know why it's configured this way...
It should, because nearly every configuration i have is done with symlinks.
(30th Dec, 2013 07:57 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:XBMC shouldn't need to wait for the network, I don't know why it's configured this way...
It should, because nearly every configuration i have is done with symlinks.

If you have no network mounts (which I don't) there is no reason for XBMC needing network before starting. I didn't think about NFS though, I see this is why.
I'm not running from NFS anymore. Didn't work as I expected.
(21st Nov, 2013 01:48 AM)Killerbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Nov, 2013 01:37 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Why I cant mount SDcard with Beta2 in another linux? SDcard withh beta 1.1 works fine...

You have to update your BTRFS tools to the latest (git) version in your Linux system.
Beta2 uses an newer version of BTRFS.
How could I do this?
(6th Jan, 2014 02:12 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Nov, 2013 01:48 AM)Killerbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Nov, 2013 01:37 AM)kraleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Why I cant mount SDcard with Beta2 in another linux? SDcard withh beta 1.1 works fine...

You have to update your BTRFS tools to the latest (git) version in your Linux system.
Beta2 uses an newer version of BTRFS.
How could I do this?

I used this url http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/b/btrfs-tools/?C=M;O=D
(6th Jan, 2014 03:02 AM)Killerbee Wrote: [ -> ]I used this url http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/b/btrfs-tools/?C=M;O=D
Doesnt work
Code:
BTRFS: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (20).
(29th Dec, 2013 06:41 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I have had this problem CurlyMo, setting a static IP address helped. It's still slow at times while waiting for the network.

XBMC shouldn't need to wait for the network, I don't know why it's configured this way...

@f1vefour

it is not waiting for network until you have network mounts (noauto is not considered) - even by mistake not considering cifs/smb (i will fix this).

dhcp bound time was shortly discussed by me during beta2 development as this is related to reported issue(s) with let's say broken dhcp servers - or servers not fully complying to RFCs. among 5 different clients (including kernel intern IP auto config) - and only original isc-dhcp* packages were able to get IP.

if you remove it, dhcp will be handled by custom script based on busybox's udhcpc scripting and klibc tool set. in my case 9s (isc-dhcp) vs 1s to bound dhcp address from network IF in "down" state (only limited testing).

(after you remove isc-dhcp* you can install dhcpcd package, udhcpc, pump, dhcpcd5. don't remember more)
Most of my issues were solved by installed the staging packages:
- When i boot, it hangs on the network connection splash (static ip from router, cmdline ip= parameter, and /etc/network/interfaces).
- Until it finally drops to a shell i can't login through ssh.
- It also doesn't autostart XBMC. Starting it manually works.

Resolved issues with the new packages
- It now does load my modules from /etc/modules
- And thereby does start lirc with the lirc_rpi module
- And does start pilight-daemon.

Installing the devel packages breaks the modules subvolume.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's