Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Any fix?
(11th Jan, 2014 06:15 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Even after latest upgrade 07/01/2014

XBMC will not shutdown from menu.

Just hangs.

this is as always XBMC & addon topic problem, bot system. XBMC won't quit all or crash on exit not delivering proper exit code to the system so system doesn't know it has go down.

I'm trying months to avoid solving this by hard patching XBMC's suspend/exit/reboot/shutdown functions by expanding them with direct calls to XBian upstart jobs (which are now triggered by XBMC's exit signals).

changing unrelated parts of code to avoid other bugs is simply ugly.

so your versions are now xbmc-scripts 1.0.1-20, xbmc 2.9-10.19a and update 1.0.2-15b ?

(11th Jan, 2014 07:16 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Any fix?

revert to pre-october FW (1.4-7). for 48h not a single report in dmesg with both RPI with the same high clocking. for 2h I was prepared to test their way. now I have on both warranty broken (fuck that), but lost fatally filesystems on both with some hours of work on the code. what didn't happen to me since I joined community back in Feb.

simply as soon as I booted with the emmc value and the pll_core parameter, considered it as promising after 5 minutes - very badly returned to reality 20 minutes later. today I wrote to popcornmix if the logic there is really helping. considering the other reported cases exactly with this signature - officially bad HW and stupid user.

I also moved all xbian-firmare packages starting from 1.4-8 to devel. If this won't get solved, I will remove even from devel and then we wait.
I get messages on screen about successful mounting and unmounting of removable device btrfs. what is this all about and how can I stop this message from popping up on the screen.
@agent5150 This sounds like the backup script running. Make sure you have the latest updates and backup turned off.
Hello XBian friends, last week my SD card passed away, so I bought a new one - verbatim SDHC 16GB class 10.
The problem is that it gets stuck on the first boot when performing the file system resize.
Any idea how to fix this?
Thanks
@starous Is this a fresh install from the latest image or a backup made sometime ago?

If the latter then a <cntl> <alt> <del> will reboot the RPi and the problem should have gone away/ This was a reported bug sometime ago but it was fixed - or so I thought.
(14th Jan, 2014 01:53 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@agent5150 This sounds like the backup script running. Make sure you have the latest updates and backup turned off.

My xbmc backup addon's scheduler is not enabled. And I have the latest updates. Is there another backup option in xbian-config for backup?
(15th Jan, 2014 01:47 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@starous Is this a fresh install from the latest image or a backup made sometime ago?

If the latter then a <cntl> <alt> <del> will reboot the RPi and the problem should have gone away/ This was a reported bug sometime ago but it was fixed - or so I thought.

Thanks for your respond. Using a different SD card also helped Smile
@agent5150

there is snapshot created right before APT operation. you can turn this off in xbian-config -> updates

(11th Jan, 2014 07:16 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Any fix?

emmc_pll_core=0 in config.txt is returning the old behaviour (emmc clock 100MHz). but I'm not sure if this was the only hack.

I'm currently testing 10-Jan FW with emmc_pll_core=0 . will report.
(31st Dec, 2013 12:16 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]If you have no network mounts (which I don't) there is no reason for XBMC needing network before starting. I didn't think about NFS though, I see this is why.

I was thinking a bit and at the end implemented autofs. Looks like most versatile, holds fs operation until mount is available and even made upstart event dependencies lot simpler.
(17th Jan, 2014 05:50 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(31st Dec, 2013 12:16 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]If you have no network mounts (which I don't) there is no reason for XBMC needing network before starting. I didn't think about NFS though, I see this is why.

I was thinking a bit and at the end implemented autofs. Looks like most versatile, holds fs operation until mount is available and even made upstart event dependencies lot simpler.

This is a great idea mk01!
there was a big update today (at least 5 packages from the main apt repository).
and I just wanted to report how amazing this is. I'm so happy, everything gets slower as time moves on, but it's the opposite for the Pi, it's getting better and better which is unbelievable
No kidding, there is another big performance increase for me. I can now browse through my libraries even faster than before - while having other services like NZBGet, SB and my custom scripts for multiple things running in the background!

Stunning work, guys! you made my day
Have there been auto-updates today? I come home to a non-responding Pi. Repowering leaves it at the loading screen @ ~10-15%.
(18th Jan, 2014 02:13 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Have there been auto-updates today? I come home to a non-responding Pi. Repowering leaves it at the loading screen @ ~10-15%.

Not too sure - Have a look in /var/logs/apt - history and term - that will give you an idea.

I'm sure only three packages could be upgraded when I signed on an hour ago, now there is 5!!

If I run a simulation there are some *new* packages. But that was from 7th Jan

The following packages have been kept back:
xbian-package-xbmc xbian-update
The following packages will be upgraded:
xbian-package-initramfs-tools xbian-package-kernel
xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge xbian-package-xbmc-scripts
xbian-package-zram-swap.

Unsure why xbian-update has been kept back!! That might be the issue.
Can't access anything anymore....
Had to reinstall and get back to a previous saved file.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's