Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@Carpenter: I ran into a similar issue.
after a reboot of the system I went back to the shell:
Terminal
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrade

hopefully it works for you too.
(29th Jan, 2014 05:14 PM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]@Carpenter: I ran into a similar issue.
after a reboot of the system I went back to the shell:
Terminal
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrade

hopefully it works for you too.
Hmm I did that and it installs almost everything but I now I receive the following error:
Terminal

Selecting previously unselected package autofs.
(Reading database ... 37218 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking autofs (from .../autofs_5.0.7-3_armhf.deb) ...
Setting up autofs (5.0.7-3) ...

Creating config file /etc/auto.master with new version

Creating config file /etc/auto.net with new version

Creating config file /etc/auto.misc with new version

Creating config file /etc/auto.smb with new version

Creating config file /etc/default/autofs with new version
[FAIL] Starting automount...failed (failed to load autofs4 module).
invoke-rc.d: initscript autofs, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing autofs (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I also got dpkg error first...it's strange but it worked after another reboot
(29th Jan, 2014 05:55 PM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]I also got dpkg error first...it's strange but it worked after another reboot

Hm I see now that you have posted this on the previous page Blush

Tnx! I will reboot and try again.
@freem@n and @Carpenter dpkg error on autofs install is due to new kernel modules not loaded.

As you do kernel upgrade the loaded kernel and the available modules for it differ. You need to load the new kernel which is done only on reboot.

@Carpenter:

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Are you sure you have stopped the xbian? If xbian is trying to fetch new updates it will create the lock file.
(29th Jan, 2014 10:13 PM)Lucifer Wrote: [ -> ]@freem@n and @Carpenter dpkg error on autofs install is due to new kernel modules not loaded.

As you do kernel upgrade the loaded kernel and the available modules for it differ. You need to load the new kernel which is done only on reboot.

@Carpenter:

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Are you sure you have stopped the xbian? If xbian is trying to fetch new updates it will create the lock file.

Just did a sudo apt-get update. I'm not sure how to 'stop' the xbian though.
Just wait until xbian is done.
(29th Jan, 2014 10:30 PM)Carpenter Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Jan, 2014 10:13 PM)Lucifer Wrote: [ -> ]@freem@n and @Carpenter dpkg error on autofs install is due to new kernel modules not loaded.

@Carpenter:

In the lower left corner of the screen you'll see the "power off" - Choose Exit and this will trou you to console ...
(30th Jan, 2014 07:56 AM)Lucifer Wrote: [ -> ]
(29th Jan, 2014 10:30 PM)Carpenter Wrote: [ -> ]

@Carpenter:

In the lower left corner of the screen you'll see the "power off" - Choose Exit and this will trou you to console ...

alternatively you can execute 'sudo service xbmc stop' when you are connected via ssh anyways.
(30th Jan, 2014 08:00 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]...

Thank you ... I know I've read the command somewhere ...
Guys, can someone copy ~/.smb/smb.conf here?

Some weird thing is going on and the smb.conf is empty except for:

Terminal
[global]
preferred master = no
local master = no
domain master = no
client lanman auth = yes
lanman auth = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
lock directory = /home/xbian/.smb/
name resolve order = bcast host
workgroup = WORKGROUP

Also - I can't seem to change the GUI resolution. It refuses to change it from XBMC it self and from console xbian-config ...
@Lucifer: my smb.conf in this directory looks exactly the same. however this isn't the real configuration file where you specify the shares...by default there are multiple configuration files that are located under this path: /etc/samba
smb.conf, shares.conf, user.conf, ...

you can of course go ahead and change the shares.conf to your liking, just add another entry for your custom share.

---------------------------

I have the same problem with GUI resolution. After installing the latest updates it reverted to 720p or something and I can't take it back manually to 1080p. I always get the message "Failed to change XBMC GUI resolution" when I run xbian-config on the shell and try to change it.
@freem@n my problem is that the samba is not working. I know that before the upgrade in this file were defined all shares that were accessible trough \\XBIAN ...

Now my windows refuses to see it.
@Lucifer: please check the status of samba with 'sudo service samba status' and make sure it's running. If not run 'sudo service samba start'. Second thing is to find out the IP adress of your XBian by running 'sudo ifconfig' and look at the line inet addr: <something>. type this exact adress in the Windows Explorer instead of the hostname (\\192.168.170.31 in my case) and see if this works. for instance my OE HTPC is only acessible with the IP adress from the Windows explorer.
btw: Is your Pi connected via LAN or Wifi?
(31st Jan, 2014 03:00 AM)freem@n Wrote: [ -> ]@Lucifer: please check the status of samba with 'sudo service samba status' and make sure it's running. If not run 'sudo service samba start'. Second thing is to find out the IP adress of your XBian by running 'sudo ifconfig' and look at the line inet addr: <something>. type this exact adress in the Windows Explorer instead of the hostname (\\192.168.170.31 in my case) and see if this works. for instance my OE HTPC is only acessible with the IP adress from the Windows explorer.
btw: Is your Pi connected via LAN or Wifi?
Terminal

root@xbian:/home/xbian# service samba status
[ ok ] nmbd is running.

Trying the \\192.168.0.251 returns the same result.

Terminal

lucifer@gate:~$ nmap 192.168.0.251

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2014-01-30 19:26 EET
Nmap scan report for 192.168.0.251
Host is up (0.0084s latency).
Not shown: 995 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
111/tcp open rpcbind
139/tcp open netbios-ssn
445/tcp open microsoft-ds
8080/tcp open http-proxy

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.22 seconds

And it works on LAN with DHCP MAC allocated address.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's