Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@Lucifer: okay.. not sure what's causing the trouble then Sad but did you already reboot both you Pi and your windows? sometimes this fixes the worst problems like magic ;-)
otherwise someone from the developer team has to take a look because I'm definitely not clever enough.
BTW: can you eventually try to access the share from another computer/your phone or something?
@freem@n I see it, but can't log in ... I think I have nothing to be shared from samba, this is why it fails. This is why I want someone who still haven't upgraded to RC1 to post smb.conf
Hi guys,
Finally my hdmi-cec is upgraded and everything works fine, however:

Terminal
xbian@xbian~S sudo apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=yes dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Starting
Starting 2
Investigating (0) upstart [ armhf ] < 1.6.1-1 > ( admin )
Broken upstart:armhf Conflicts on sysvinit [ armhf ] < none -> 2.88dsf-41+deb7u1 > ( admin )
Considering sysvinit:armhf 5102 as a solution to upstart:armhf 109
Removing upstart:armhf rather than change sysvinit:armhf
Investigating (0) xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge [ armhf ] < 1.1.0-6 > ( utils )
Broken xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf Depends on upstart [ armhf ] < 1.6.1-1 > ( admin )
Considering upstart:armhf 109 as a solution to xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf 107
Removing xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf rather than change upstart:armhf
Investigating (1) xbian-update [ armhf ] < 1.0.2-16f > ( update )
Broken xbian-update:armhf Depends on upstart [ armhf ] < 1.6.1-1 > ( admin )
Considering upstart:armhf 109 as a solution to xbian-update:armhf 5207
Added upstart:armhf to the remove list
Broken xbian-update:armhf Depends on xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge [ armhf ] < 1.1.0-6 > ( utils )
Considering xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf 107 as a solution to xbian-update:armhf 5207
Added xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf to the remove list
Fixing xbian-update:armhf via keep of upstart:armhf
Fixing xbian-update:armhf via keep of xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf
Investigating (1) upstart [ armhf ] < 1.6.1-1 > ( admin )
Broken upstart:armhf Conflicts on sysvinit [ armhf ] < none -> 2.88dsf-41+deb7u1 > ( admin )
Considering sysvinit:armhf 5102 as a solution to upstart:armhf 109
Removing upstart:armhf rather than change sysvinit:armhf
Investigating (1) xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge [ armhf ] < 1.1.0-6 > ( utils )
Broken xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf Depends on upstart [ armhf ] < 1.6.1-1 > ( admin )
Considering upstart:armhf 109 as a solution to xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf 107
Removing xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf rather than change upstart:armhf
Investigating (2) xbian-update [ armhf ] < 1.0.2-16f > ( update )
Broken xbian-update:armhf Depends on upstart [ armhf ] < 1.6.1-1 > ( admin )
Considering upstart:armhf 109 as a solution to xbian-update:armhf 5207
Added upstart:armhf to the remove list
Broken xbian-update:armhf Depends on xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge [ armhf ] < 1.1.0-6 > ( utils )
Considering xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf 107 as a solution to xbian-update:armhf 5207
Added xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf to the remove list
Fixing xbian-update:armhf via keep of upstart:armhf
Fixing xbian-update:armhf via keep of xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge:armhf
Investigating (2) upstart [ armhf ] < 1.6.1-1 > ( admin )
Considering sysvinit:armhf 5102 as a solution to upstart:armhf 5207
Added sysvinit:armhf to the remove list
Fixing upstart:armhf via keep of sysvinit:armhf
Done
Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Is anything to worry about it ?
Ran apt-get upgrade, xbian now states 1.0 RC1 !!!
Do we have a new release?

and now xbian config from settings menu doesn't load and 1920x1080 resolution is blown up (zoomed) so only see half of the screen. had to drop to 720p to get full screen home screen.
(27th Jan, 2014 04:31 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Same here. I'm always on ethernet. So it's not solely caused by Wi-Fi.

Did you find out solution for freezing from USB boot?
(1st Feb, 2014 12:18 AM)koper89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27th Jan, 2014 04:31 AM)Smultie Wrote: [ -> ]Same here. I'm always on ethernet. So it's not solely caused by Wi-Fi.

Did you find out solution for freezing from USB boot?

Nope.
(31st Jan, 2014 11:47 PM)agent5150 Wrote: [ -> ]Ran apt-get upgrade, xbian now states 1.0 RC1 !!!
Do we have a new release?

and now xbian config from settings menu doesn't load and 1920x1080 resolution is blown up (zoomed) so only see half of the screen. had to drop to 720p to get full screen home screen.

Same problem on mine. I've upgraded to RC1 and the resolution got crazy :-(
And about problems with mounting from USB Harddrive - network started freeze as i described earlier, can it be possible that the cause is my harddrive? I use WD 2TB Harddrive with 2 partitions:
/dev/sda1 10GB for xbian - partitioned using easeus - fat32
/dev/sda2 rest of my 25b - ext4

I mount my /dev/sda2 using fstab (but tried without it).
When I try to boot from usb i got 2 "types" of error - other it doesn't mount my /dev/sda1 and it says that partition was not mounted, or started init and freezes on network started. (fully updated xbian - tried even o staging and devel updates)

I tried to:
make fresh copy of xbian on another sd card to use it as boot (just changed root=/dev/sda1 or root=LABEL=xbian-copy, tried to reformat my 1st partition to FAT32 once more, cluster size =4kB,
got the GUI resolution issue sorted Smile my advancedsettings.xml was blank because of the last update. So all I needed to do was to copy my backup as.xml to the userdata folder and overwrite the existing blank one.

here is mine (Click to View)
Screen resolution problems has been reported Github 499

@pit79 - Doesn't look right.

Can you do the upgrade again but via xbian-config. If you still get errors then something is not right.
(31st Jan, 2014 08:11 PM)pit79 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,
Finally my hdmi-cec is upgraded and everything works fine, however:
Is anything to worry about it ?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=728566

but don't believe them, this BUG is there more than one year and following each version of sysvinit package.

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1121-post-13424.html#pid13424 message to sir106. now and then I'm refreshing this:

there is no general warning on XBian with using dist-upgrade as XBian is not doing manual installs or otherwise breaking apt and package inventory - but already for ~ 6months there is a risk running it. and this is only because this conflict at upstream (Debian) level between upstart and sysvinit and release distribution list.

apt-get working of course normally, but on level of dist-release, upstart is not an option to sysvinit and sysvinit takes precedence. the BUG linked is not new, now only one and I'm sure it won't get corrected for Wheezy. (Jessie is ok).

(31st Jan, 2014 03:59 AM)Lucifer Wrote: [ -> ]@freem@n I see it, but can't log in ... I think I have nothing to be shared from samba, this is why it fails. This is why I want someone who still haven't upgraded to RC1 to post smb.conf

lucifer,

smb.conf is not updated / changed by xbian-update. it is delivered only by xbian-package-samba. and has not been changed at least 2 months (since B2 release).

xbian-package-samba is replacing smb.conf with own version, but making a backup first if smb.conf already exists to /etc/samba/smb.conf.xbian.

XBians smb.conf is there:

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-samba/blob/master/content/etc/samba/smb.conf
and
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-samba/blob/master/content/etc/samba/shares.conf

there were Debian updates recently to libsmb, samba-common, samba-bin etc. they wanted (but asked before) to rebuild smb.conf and keep maintaining it.
OK ... so why my samba refuses to work? How can I debug the run?

OK ... backing up a step - is it normal smbd returns "Bus Error"?

As I know smbd is samba ... this doeasn't seem right to me.
(26th Jan, 2014 09:29 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Some general comment of the update verbosity. What i miss is some feedback on what's happening while updating and if it succeeded. All updates until Alpha 5 told the user what is was doing and if it worked. I think knowing this also makes it a lot easier to debug. A small example. Just copy everything at once in SSH can press enter:

devel versions of B2 had it too, but users were too confused of checking repetitive tasks (re-apply of xbian-update for instance).

new commands are run together with old already successfully applied making for user too difficult/impossible to distinguish between ok, only warning (already applied) and failed. so it was taken out and never really missed.

if we want (user wants) to have idea what;s new, or going on with the particular update, I was proposing changelog creation and attaching it to package and even the forum. nobody showed real interest.

user wants that system works, almost never wants to know HOW it works (3 people including you and myself). with introduction of auto/silent updates and possibility of almost hourly issues / per patch or fix - it is not so valuable for development as well.

if someone takes over after V1 and introduces it back, I will not fight against!

(27th Jan, 2014 01:22 AM)dstuart Wrote: [ -> ]So I had some updates available, and now I'm running RC1? Sorry, if this is in the wrong place, but I couldn't see any posts about this new release?

Anyway, it seems to be running fine. Except, it won't show 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' on the home screen anymore; and they've not been hidden, as the option is greyed out in preferences for some reason.

I'm running Confluence for Xbian, but it's not a Skin issue. As I've tried switching, and it's the same problem in other skins.
My library, on my NAS, is accessed over NFS, and it's still accessible through Videos->Files.

@dstuart

this is because there is no movies or videos in library. because advancedsettings.xml config was emptied. can you confirm ?
Ok - I've managed to upgrade my USB RPi. Took a few attempts - the reboot before xbian-update was the needed fix.

Since then all looks fine apart from.

1) Xbian-config backup doesn't work anymore - just creates a 1k file.
(4th Feb, 2014 12:05 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Ok - I've managed to upgrade my USB RPi. Took a few attempts - the reboot before xbian-update was the needed fix.

Since then all looks fine apart from.

1) Xbian-config backup doesn't work anymore - just creates a 1k file.

Are you still running from USB? If so, did you have to do anything special?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's