Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
If I knew how to write code, and if I enjoyed doing that I would definitely join. I am more then happy to test though. I am a big fan of Xbian but get more and more disappointed because I am promoting you guys everywhere. I do not run 5, i helped people install them and helped them upgrade, not knowing it would be a big failure and now no one has a working Pi. Since the website says nothing it just provides everything as if it all Works (like it used to). Thats just not good...
@zilexa, why don't you join to help @Rikardo with communications?
I'm in, I'll pm him.
I got RC1 working flawless now by following these instructions:
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2107-post-21031.html#pid21031
There was an automatic reboot involved at step 16 or 17 and step 19 requires you to know the name of the XBian CEC package. But everything seems to be working now.
(2nd Mar, 2014 09:43 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]@zilexa, why don't you join to help @Rikardo with communications?

Have you spoken to him? I PM'd him to ask how he was and no answer, worried about him.
I upgraded to rc1 and now seems freezes are gone
(25th Feb, 2014 04:06 AM)Freddie299 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be so happy If you could provide a a little more detailed howto change from inetd to upstart with this ssh-nid because googeling this brings me straight to this thread.]

first of all important info: ssh-nih is name I put there to show it's not the original script (as by default again we use inetd to manage ssh), but for your googling the script 1:1 ssh upstart standard job script and should be by you (and google Smile ) referred to as SSH. nothing else.

yes, the script is part of standard package now.

only difference to DEFAULT is ssh.override file which is slightly changing time (conditions) when the ssh is starting with this overridden second time by "manual" at /etc/init/ssh-nih.conf.

when you remove "manual" ssh-nih (SSH) will start automatically (as always before with all the information and knowledge you have - standard use of config files /etc/ssh/ and others).

but as I told at the beginning, if you do that it will run in conflict because of tcp/22 - ssh should use it according to /etc/ssh/sshd.conf and xbian's default inetd should use it to spawn sshd in case of seeing remote connection to this port.

so you have with removing "manual" also disable ssh (running through inetd) what you can do manually by editing /etc/inetd.conf and commenting line with ssh or through XBIAN-CONFIG where is it shown as SSH standard service. upstart scripts can be started stopped manually by referring to its file name without ".conf" like this:
Code:
sudo start ssh-nih
sudo status ssh-nih
sudo stop ssh-nih
(again "SSH-NIH" only in our particular case)

is it more clear now ?
you have not specified whether you have this "basic" issue or the problem you still have is with the chroot, privilege separation and sftp even with this standard configuration. but I don't see a reason it shouldn't work. even if you was used to startup script in /etc/init.d/ssh with upstart and it's type of configuration (like /etc/init/ssh-nid.conf) the end effect is exactly the same. sshd is started as system process/daemon waiting for own connections (only with sysv (/etc/init.d) scripts you had to write three pages of text to get it started "properly", with upstart 15 lines. but again, "sshd" should appear in "ps ax" and from this moment, all is as you configured, tested, deployed before.
Hi friends. This I my first post. Sorry for my poor English.
I try to install xbian b 2
1) 8 gb sd formated fat 32.
2) windows 7 and I download the installer .I run it makes the image on sd .but when I put it on raspberry never boot up.
What I make ring. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's