Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(25th Nov, 2013 05:36 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]
(24th Nov, 2013 06:21 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24th Nov, 2013 08:17 AM)zilexa Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people don't realize, if you dump complete log files in a forum it becomes completely unreadable. Just use pastebin and post the link please.

some people just dont read or use search before they post. we have this info how to all over the forum, stickies, announcements, links in our signatures, we still remind and ask people to do so but as you can see and you know, with some its like fighting with windmills

How about making it policy, that anyone not following the rules as set out in "PRBYP" better known as "Please Read Before You Post" can have their posts [spoil]ed, deleted or even risk having their user banned for a period. Or even worse - change their avatar to say Follow the Rules

I personally will give my time to someone who has supplied all of the requested data in the correct manner over someone who hasn't.

@rikardo1979 Maybe you could add something to the "New" PRBYP banner that says "Users who supply this information will be given priority from the Xbian team".

In deference to some users - the Xbian search function is not the slickest - I have searched for something I know that exists - and it hasn't found it.

from all the suggestions I like the idea of changing the avatar to Follow the Rules Big Grin
But, I have to say we not going to apply any offensive rules.
But is up to everyone here if you will or will not help to someone who is not providing the basics Wink or you answer someone who provides all the info as prior Wink
(24th Nov, 2013 08:17 AM)zilexa Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people don't realize, if you dump complete log files in a forum it becomes completely unreadable. Just use pastebin and post the link please.

some people just dont read or use search before they post. we have this info how to all over the forum, stickies, announcements, links in our signatures, we still remind and ask people to do so but as you can see and you know, with some its like fighting with windmills

How about making it policy, that anyone not following the rules as set out in "PRBYP" better known as "Please Read Before You Post" can have their posts [spoil]ed, deleted or even risk having their user banned for a period. Or even worse - change their avatar to say Follow the Rules

I personally will give my time to someone who has supplied all of the requested data in the correct manner over someone who hasn't.

@rikardo1979 Maybe you could add something to the "New" PRBYP banner that says "Users who supply this information will be given priority from the Xbian team".

In deference to some users - the Xbian search function is not the slickest - I have searched for something I know that exists - and it hasn't found it.

Sorry, I never read the rules post. Just copy the black boxes for logs cause I see other people did it. My english is poor and I have difficulty to read and write fluently.

About my problem, I restored a backup and fixed it but only, a few hours. The problem appeared again and I changed audio options on System tab and problem fixed again. It has to do with the activation of certain sound options
(25th Nov, 2013 05:50 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]

from all the suggestions I like the idea of changing the avatar to Follow the Rules Big Grin
But, I have to say we not going to apply any offensive rules.
But is up to everyone here if you will or will not help to someone who is not providing the basics Wink or you answer someone who provides all the info as prior Wink

Who me Blush The puppy torturer Tongue

But will go with the shame aspect.

I will still give preference to Xbian members who post the correct info.

Maybe it will filter down (In my wildest hopes)

So if you read the threads - post the necessary information or you could be shamed for life!!!! ..... and no puppies will be harmed - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED Cool
I plan on using the new option to copy to usb. I have a usb drive already hooked up but it has all my movies and tv shows on it. Will copying xbian to that drive format it and cause me to lose my stuff?

I figured it out. Yes it will. I just used a usb key.

Now what I would like to know is Xbian using my usb key? Under storage information is says /dev/sda /media/xbian-copy. I want to use usb in order to prevent sd corruption while overclocking.

Also this shows up in dmesg
FAT-fs (mmcblk0p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
I ran dosfsck -t -a -w /dev/sdb1 which shows no errors but the message remains? Also disk utility states that partition is clean when using the repair option.
fyi, devs: The ssh issue I had is now solved. Not sure what exactly the problem was, but switching from openssh to dropbear and back did the trick.

Besides: The beta 2 is amazingly great! Thank you everyone who contributed!
@particleman
1) Wait for a couple of weeks before using the ssh xbian-config clone option, as I believe there is a bug in it.
2) Your USB drive will be available as /media/[Name] or Random Letters if it was formatted without a name and /dev/sda1. Doing df -h will show it's mount point.
3) FAT-FS error. This can be ignored.

However you seem to be checking the wrong drive. The FAT-FS is the /boot directory on /dev/mmcblk0p1 not /dev/sdb1

If you want to use the USB drive to boot AND store your movies on, then I would not recommend this, as if you have a system crash, you could loose all of it - better to keep them separate.
(26th Nov, 2013 05:23 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@particleman
1) Wait for a couple of weeks before using the ssh xbian-config clone option, as I believe there is a bug in it.
2) Your USB drive will be available as /media/[Name] or Random Letters if it was formatted without a name and /dev/sda1. Doing df -h will show it's mount point.
3) FAT-FS error. This can be ignored.

However you seem to be checking the wrong drive. The FAT-FS is the /boot directory on /dev/mmcblk0p1 not /dev/sdb1

If you want to use the USB drive to boot AND store your movies on, then I would not recommend this, as if you have a system crash, you could loose all of it - better to keep them separate.

Sorry I should have explained that I had removed the sd card and put it in my Debian machine to dosfsck which read it as /dev/sdb and sdb1 as fat partition. Sorry for not being more clear. This is df-h
xbian@xbian ~ $ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 7.2G 1.4G 5.7G 20% /
/dev/mmcblk0p2 7.2G 1.4G 5.7G 20% /
devtmpfs 125M 4.0K 125M 1% /dev
none 25M 180K 25M 1% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p1 34M 19M 16M 56% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p2 7.2G 1.4G 5.7G 20% /home
/dev/mmcblk0p2 7.2G 1.4G 5.7G 20% /lib/modules
/dev/sda 1.8T 261G 1.5T 15% /media/New Volume
/dev/sdb 7.5G 1.0G 6.3G 14% /media/xbian-copy
So I'm assuming that it is not being used as I intended it to be (as /).
(22nd Nov, 2013 03:42 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@calisro Very strange.

What .img file are you using?

Can you post the output from dmesg.

Here is a dmesg after a DDing the image and a boot. /home didn't mount and I can see errors in dmesg. What do you think? If I issue a 'mount -a' it mounts though which is interesting. Sure seems like corrupted SD card but I never had a problem on 1.1 even if I DD my old backup image back and run that for a while.

http://pastebin.com/8jnuqt61
I am using an A/V amp and have HDMI 5.1 configured in Xbian.

Whenever I pause a Dolby digital video I get click/ticking/squealing noises. This does not occur during playback or when not in video.

It would appear that in pause mode the Dolby digital signal is dropping in and out.

I have found a thread here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173556

Cheers

Baz
Hi guys,

after updating from 1.1 to Beta 2 I cannot access xbian-config from within the gui any longer (works via SSH). The loading screen of xbian config crashes exactly at 28% (I think it says "reading packages" before crashing). Any ideas?

Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with Beta2. Really improved performance!

Cheers,
FLO
Can you activate debug in xbmc, and post xbmc log.
(27th Nov, 2013 11:05 PM)belese Wrote: [ -> ]Can you activate debug in xbmc, and post xbmc log.

I'm not in reach of my Pi right now but I'll post the log asap. Thanks!

/FLO
After performing a clean install (Linux DD) any attempt to apt-get upgrade results in a:

Terminal
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly
(28th Nov, 2013 02:10 AM)schmoo Wrote: [ -> ]After performing a clean install (Linux DD) any attempt to apt-get upgrade results in a:

Terminal
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly

256Mb or 512Mb raspberry pi?

I have good experiance with this solution: https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/477
I have a 256Mb pi as well and there seems to be a memory/swap issue.

KB
Anybody else having problems with audio/video sync? For me it goes out of sync when I hit pause and then resume play. When I hit stop and then resume where it left off there is no issue. I did not have such problems with beta 1.1. I did a clean install because upgrading didn't work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's