Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 Beta 2 thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(21st Nov, 2013 09:22 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]What about the removal of the samba shares / mountpoint @belese and i experience when installing:

should be fixed

(21st Nov, 2013 11:31 AM)meehien Wrote: [ -> ]seems like the problem is when both interfaces have statc addresses. in beta 1.1 I used to have them both on the same 192.168.1.0 network without any problem. Something must have changed though.

@meehien

at the time you want wlan0 to be configured (with default gw), is eth0 disconnected from network (network cable removed)?

if yes, then it can be fixed.

(21st Nov, 2013 06:26 AM)iser Wrote: [ -> ]RPI worked fine on Beta 1.1 for two months, but since yesterday, when it was upgraded to Beta2, it hangs on playing every video completely, after 20-30 seconds of playing.
And of course there are no logs because it is a hang.

@iser

can you provide output of
Code:
dpkg-query -W 'xbian*'
Yes. The network cable is unplugged. I have also done some additional tests and the gateway route for wlan0 is also not added when eth0 is configured as static and wlan0 as dhcp.
All works great and is noticeably faster (kudos).

Now the issue:
Did clean install via dd.
Installed xbian-package-transmission.
Mounted externall USB drive and linked transmission folders to there.

Doing a update/upgrade from ssh gives the followiing error:
Terminal
sudo apt-get upgrade
[sudo] password for xbian:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
btrfs-tools libcurl3 libcurl3-gnutls xbian-package-initramfs-tools
xbian-package-splash xbian-package-upstart-xbmc-bridge xbian-package-xbmc
xbian-package-zram-swap xbian-update
9 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/37.4 MB of archives.
After this operation, 219 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Create a snapshot of '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@' in '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-11-21-0924'
@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2013-11-21-0924, 1 created snapshots, 0 destroyed snapshots, 0 warnings.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly
(21st Nov, 2013 09:26 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Nov, 2013 11:16 PM)mjoe2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys!
I have a problem with the new xbian beta2. I have the old raspberry pi with 256MB ram.
I did a fresh install, everything was ok but when i try to play a video file (mkv, avi does not matter), xbmc stop working.

@mjoe2

can you post output of
Code:
dpkg-query -W 'xbian*'

Finally i found what cause this issue.
The problem was caused by cec (or xbmc+cec). If i set the HDMI physical address in cec config. file, xbmc freezes everytime when playing a video.
If the physical address is not set, everything is ok.
My problem is that i have a crapy Samsung tv (LE32B530), cec works if i use HDMI 1 but hdmi 1 is dvi and i have no sound on tv.
If i want to use hdmi port 2 i have to set the physical address to 2000 (setting the port number does not work), after that cec works but xbmc freezes.
Finally I made it to beta 2 (from a fresh install)

But I have issues with the sshd:
On the old (1.1) I used to have a sftp-server with a chroot environment setup where I share the media.
This doesnt work anymore. All changes I make to the sshd_config only cause trouble. Altering the port doesn't have any effect at all. Changing to "Subsystem internal-sftp" with appropriate "Match Group" locks me out from the system with a weird
"ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer" error.

Plus, I did not find out how to restart the sshd from console, since its not in init.d ... ?

I'd appreciate any hint where to start looking/working on.

thanks, best regards.
(21st Nov, 2013 07:10 PM)meehien Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. The network cable is unplugged. I have also done some additional tests and the gateway route for wlan0 is also not added when eth0 is configured as static and wlan0 as dhcp.

@meehien

can you grab xbian-update from devel repo, install, reboot and test ?

Code:
sudo -i
cd /tmp
wget http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/devel/main/x/xbian-update/xbian-update_1.0.2-10_armhf.deb
dpkg -i xbian-update_1.0.2-10_armhf.deb

(21st Nov, 2013 07:45 PM)mjoe2 Wrote: [ -> ]If i want to use hdmi port 2 i have to set the physical address to 2000 (setting the port number does not work), after that cec works but xbmc freezes.

@mjoe2

is 2.0.0.0 the right address?
Code:
echo "scan" | cec-client -s

or - does it change anything when you do
Code:
sudo -i
stop xbmc
rm /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml
start xbmc
(21st Nov, 2013 07:59 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]is 2.0.0.0 the right address?
Code:
echo "scan" | cec-client -s

I think 2.0.0.0 is the right address because cec works with this address, but the address is not detected.
http://pastebin.com/UCTpLs0p

(21st Nov, 2013 07:59 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]or - does it change anything when you do
Code:
sudo -i
stop xbmc
rm /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml
start xbmc

It works only if i use hdmi port 1 but not with hdmi 2 or 3.
(21st Nov, 2013 07:59 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Nov, 2013 07:10 PM)meehien Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. The network cable is unplugged. I have also done some additional tests and the gateway route for wlan0 is also not added when eth0 is configured as static and wlan0 as dhcp.

@meehien

can you grab xbian-update from devel repo, install, reboot and test ?

Code:
sudo -i
cd /tmp
wget http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/devel/main/x/xbian-update/xbian-update_1.0.2-10_armhf.deb
dpkg -i xbian-update_1.0.2-10_armhf.deb

Update seems to be working now. Also "starting xbmc" part of the boot process is faster now. If I encounter any further errors ill let you know.
Hi!

I just did a fresh installation of the Beta 2 on my Rapsberry Pi.

I wanted to move the system to the USB-Stick then, but something doesn't work.

I used this guide http://wiki.xbian.org/USB_Installation

Everything worked fine except of
Code:
2. change "LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs" to "root=/dev/sda1", remove "subvol=root/@," option from "/".
and
Code:
change "LABEL=xbian-root-btrfs" to "root=/dev/sda1"
and
Code:
remove "subvol=root/@"
because these texts were not there.

After finishing, it booted perfectly, but i couldn't start the config through SSH anymore -,-

Is there anything different in Beta 2 now when using that guide?

EDIT: I also tried the new xbian-config-method to copy the System to the USB Drive. That works so far, but the system doesn't boot from the USB-Drive Sad
I've installed a fresh copy of XBian 1.0 Beta 2 and everything works smoothly. However when I try to install add-ons (Amber skin from XBian Add-On Repo and Subtitle Plugin from XBMC Add-On Repo) they don't work. Sometimes they are downloaded and sometimes it got stuck at 0% or sometimes it doesn't do anything.

I can see in the add-on folder that the folders are created along with the files but in the XBMC log I see the following:

Terminal
12:28:32 T:3041215008 ERROR: Python script "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py" does not exist
Terminal
13:41:16 T:3041215008 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/icon.png
Terminal
13:45:29 T:2759849024 WARNING: The python script "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.xbianconfig/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Dialog,WindowXML,Addon

I have a cabled network and I can access internet. Please see the full log here.
(21st Nov, 2013 09:14 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19th Nov, 2013 10:42 AM)peibol16 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I get the following error when I try to execute xbian-config:

/usr/local/sbin/xbian-config: l?nea 200: /run/lock/xbian-config.gui: No existe el fichero o el directorio

I have a clean installation of beta2. Xbian-config runs fine in xbmc and ssh until the first reboot I think. Then I can't open it

can you please do:
Code:
sudo -i
apt-get clean
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall xbian-update
reboot

This not works for me but I think I had forgotten to write --reinstall but with the following commands xbian-config runs again:

1) apt-get clean
2) apt-get update
3) apt-get install --reinstall xbian-package-config-shell
4)reboot
The modified Amber skin has a different version number compared to the original one and it also seems slower so I am using the original Amber skin. I don't think it is a good idea to release a modded Amber skin because you have to update it everytime the Amber skin is updated.
Is it possible to run XBian-Config as an addon in just any skin? Because now I do not have XBian Config in XBMC Sad
@zilexa Xbian-Config is just a program add-on, so it should be in Programs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem:

With the latest update there seems to be a problem with ssh xbian-config copier. See USB copy
What dazzles me is that since we have the devel, staging, and stable repo's, the stable repo still contains packages that are buggy. Shouldn't those be in devel or staging?

(21st Nov, 2013 12:01 PM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Nov, 2013 09:22 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]What about the removal of the samba shares / mountpoint @belese and i experience when installing:

should be fixed
I can confirm Big Grin
Back to the prior version I go.

Tried an upgrade and failed miserably. All kinds of dependency problems (post in the upgrade thread). Figured i'd just do a fresh install. DD'd the img booted, and the install didn't mount /home/xbian. ReDD'd the img file. This time it booted and everything mounted. Horray! Ran a apt-get update. All is well, rebooted and well it wont boot anymore. Smile ReDD'd the img and started over this time no apt-get updates for me! Booted, didn't mount /home/xbian again. Ran a mount -a and all is well. Then I rebooted and it doesn't boot. Smile lovely. I cant upgrade, I cant install fresh.

I do appreciate all the work that goes into this and I appreciate the time spent but seems there is a lot of problems with beta2. Beta1.1 worked pretty damn well so i'll go back there for the time being until all this is sorted.

Just figured i'd give some feedback.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's